When you’re craving chips.....

Options
I’m a potato chip lover. Probably half the reason I got the gut in the first place. LOL

Anyway, was craving chips tonight so I made kale chips. Little olive oil & sea salt. 350 for about 10-15 mins or until crispy.

The crispy salty healthy goodness really helped the cravings and kept me on track. Hope it can help one of you.

Replies

• JasonDee1989
    JasonDee1989 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Had them for dinner with some salmon! Lol
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nancy Reagan says, "Just say no" to chips.

Seriously, you can eat chips but not the whole bag.

Try 1 serving and fit the calories into your daily caloric allowance.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    A snack bag of Lay's is only 160 calories. When I want chips, I eat chips. Just not a whole full bag of chips.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I like Popchips as my chip substitute! The BBQ and Crazy Hot ones are delicious.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds tasty!
    I tend to reach for Quest’s Protein Chips. I’ve loved all but one of the flavors I’ve had and the macros are awesome for a whole (one serving/small) bag!
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Lean59man wrote: »
    Seriously, you can eat chips but not the whole bag.

What is this sorcery?!?

Just imagine Nancy Reagan holding the bag of chips.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Our crisps come in 25g bags which average 135 cals... what's not to say no to :smiley:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving chips (which is maybe once a year) then I get a small bag to satisfy me.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    That actually sounds tasty!
    I tend to reach for Quest’s Protein Chips. I’ve loved all but one of the flavors I’ve had and the macros are awesome for a whole (one serving/small) bag!

This is what I do. Yeah, I can fit in regular chips, but if I already had a treat or two that day, and I have macros that haven't been met yet, it wouldn't be wise to have regular chips. The only Quest Protein Chips I like are the BBQ and the Cheddar & Sour Cream. I hated the Sea Salt and never bothered trying the Sour Cream & Onion. They're expensive though, so I only ever buy them when there's a *really* good sale.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Chips really aren't that bad. A bag of Zapps or Mrs. Vickers is around 240 cals. I can easily eat that instead of sandwich bread and still have a good meal. What I'll do is order a sandwich and just toss the bread so I'm left with about 120 cals of meat, 100 cals of cheese/avocado/hummus and some veggies. Balanced meal and it's under 500 cals.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    Try 1 serving and fit the calories into your daily caloric allowance.

lol I just don't bother.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    If I want chips, I either eat the one ounce bag of lays (160 calories) or eat sea salt garden veggies straws which are also good but in their own right.
    I also second the roasted Brussels sprouts idea. When you separate the leaves they bake up nice and crunchy.
    Tried the kale chips and though better than I thought it'd be, would definitely take the veggie straws or Brussels "chips" over the kale. I've never felt like kale should have been upgraded from decorating the plate at Shoney's to edible though...
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I just have a bag of Lays Simply Salted chips. They aren't that bad calorie-wise.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    A snack bag of Lay's is only 160 calories. When I want chips, I eat chips. Just not a whole full bag of chips.

Same.

And sometimes I purposefully pick salt and vinegar chips because if I eat too much they hurt my tongue :D

But I have been lucky and when we buy chips I'm much better at limiting myself to one portion so it fits into my day.

I was buying a box of the small (28g) bags and just taking a bag at a time, but ended up eating the S&V first and then being disappointed that I couldn't have more and had to eat the ketchup and BBQ one's before buying a new box, so I gave up and buy a bag of S&V. I just weigh out 25 or 50g at a time and enjoy.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I must eat all the chips, so sadly, I eat none of the chips.