Calorie deficit on keto or maintenance calories?

Options
inkedrapture
inkedrapture Posts: 26 Member
edited March 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Not quite sure, any advice?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? If you want to lose weight, you have to eat in a deficit. If you want to maintain, you need to for maintenance. This applies no matter what eating style you choose.
  • inkedrapture
    Options
    What are your goals? If you want to lose weight, you have to eat in a deficit. If you want to maintain, you need to for maintenance. This applies no matter what eating style you choose.

Trying to lose body fat. That’s what I figured, but was just unsure. Currently I’m eating at a deficit, on keto and doing more cardio
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Depends if you want to lose or maintain...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    That's about it. If you want to lose you need to eat less than you burn. Maintenance means you ate eating just what you need, no more and no less.

If you want to lose, set yourself a modest deficit and see what happens. Good luck. :)
  • inkedrapture
    Options
    Depends if you want to lose or maintain...

Lose
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at deficit to lose.
  • inkedrapture
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    That's about it. If you want to lose you need to eat less than you burn. Maintenance means you ate eating just what you need, no more and no less.

If you want to lose, set yourself a modest deficit and see what happens. Good luck. :)

Thank you ☺️
  • Tnangaley
    Tnangaley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I recently lost my weight and love the keto lifestyle. I had lost wt. With macros of
    Carbs 5%, Protein 15% and Fats 80%. Started maintenance last week, adjusting macros to 10, 15, 75. So far, excellent. I added a few more fresh veges. Eat an avacado every day. Use coconut oil and ghee/real butter, olive oil liberally . I also eat only between 8:30 and 5:30. Drink at least 96 oz. Water daily. Take vitamins, sleep 8 hrs., practice yoga every day. Good luck!!
  • Tnangaley
    Tnangaley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    P.S. I ADDED CALORIES ON MAINTENANCE ...ADDED 100 PER DAY.