Lunchtime Workout

Options
I do not have time to work out and shower during my lunch break. Are there effective lunch time exercises that can be done where you do not work up enough of a sweat for a shower?? Thank you all!

Replies

• sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    I work w/a lady that works in a lab, she bought herself a piece of equipment that she places under her desk and she peddles it--a desk peddler. It actually shows you the distance you go in addition to burnt calories. It cost her around $60. It's really cool!!!
  • Bamafox27
    Options
    I work in a office so I take a walk. You can also find you a place and do some squats. Leg exercises burn more that arms since they are larger muscles.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Can you take a walk or climb up and down some stairs in your building?
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I will leave you with this staatement...

Blasting A/C in your vehicle works WONDERS!!!

I have been jumping rope for about 15 minutes for the past few days and let me tell you...I sweat like a PIG!!! BUT in that 15 minutes...I burn 160 calories!! So it's worth it....

The ride back to work is Very nice with the cold A/C blowing in my face!
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I work out during my lunch hour and sweat like crazy. No time for a shower before returning to my office desk - I use unscented baby wipes to wipe off my skin and hair sometimes.

The way I look at it - NO excuses. Get out and do your workout. Sweat. Who cares what you look like when you get back? My fellow co-workers know I am on a weight loss journey so if I look like I just worked out they say "congrats"... not "ewww".

Your hair and makeup might not be perfect for the afternoon. But I don't mind sacrificing that for a better, healthier body.

P.S. After the baby wipes, some more deodorant, combing my hair back into a pony tail, and a re-touch of makeup (all this takes 45 seconds) I am good to go back to work.

NO EXCUSES!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I work w/a lady that works in a lab, she bought herself a piece of equipment that she places under her desk and she peddles it--a desk peddler. It actually shows you the distance you go in addition to burnt calories. It cost her around $60. It's really cool!!!

WOW!!! I'm getting one!!

The best part is...it's only $19.00 on amazon now...BIG SALE!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Medical-Exerciser-Attractive-Silver/dp/B002VWK09Q
  • Goalinsight
    Goalinsight Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Having just read this I googled it and I now know what I want for Christmas!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I walk for 45 minutes at 3.5mph...yeah I come back glowing a little, but everyone knows what I'm doing...accept for the bonehead today, who said "have a nice smoke?" no you idiot, I had a nice walk though lol
  • brenda_allport
    Options
    I swim at lunch. I sweat but at the same time I cant tall and the water washes it away. If the chlorine is to strong I just wipe off with some baby wipes but that usually isn't necessary. If I need my hair too continue to look professional I use a swim cap. The best part is that I burn a lot of calories and I barely feel the impact or the sweat dripping all over me!
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I walk on my lunch break - but we have an indoor track at work. I usually do 30 minutes. When I get back I apply deodorant, use body spray and set in front of a small fan in my office for a few minutes. It is usually the only exercises I do. But I just found some apps for my iphone that are daily workouts (you chose 5, 7.5, or 10 minutes) they have cardio, arms, abs, butt, yoga - free version has limited exercises or pay a little bit and get more. Haven't really tried them yet but hope to soon.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If the weather will not cooperate for an outdoor walk - perhaps you can bring the walk indoors. My office has a door so I can pop in a walking video & have at it - no excuses for me. For freebie workouts (or a look see) go to ExerciseTV.com .... the 1 and 2 mile walking videos are called Start! Walking.
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Quote:

Great idea! I think i'm gonna get one as well!
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I work out during my lunch hour and sweat like crazy. No time for a shower before returning to my office desk - I use unscented baby wipes to wipe off my skin and hair sometimes.

The way I look at it - NO excuses. Get out and do your workout. Sweat. Who cares what you look like when you get back? My fellow co-workers know I am on a weight loss journey so if I look like I just worked out they say "congrats"... not "ewww".

Your hair and makeup might not be perfect for the afternoon. But I don't mind sacrificing that for a better, healthier body.

P.S. After the baby wipes, some more deodorant, combing my hair back into a pony tail, and a re-touch of makeup (all this takes 45 seconds) I am good to go back to work.

Same here. I do a body pump class during my lunch house 3 days a week, and I'm sweaty like a pig. No time to shower/makeup/hair, so I do my best to get presentable before going back to work. I've been doing this since March, and I wouldn't trade the results I've gotten for anything.
  • makeupaholicim
    Options
    thank you, that sounds cool!
  • makeupaholicim
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the comments. I work in an office where appearance is super important so that is why I asked this question. I got lots of good replies, and I appreciate everyone's help!