Shedding for the wedding

I’m getting married towards the end of July. When my OH and I began dating I was 10st... after being told I couldn’t have children, we were surprised almost 10 months later with a positive pregnancy test! :) During my pregnancy I gained 3st :#:s since having our son I’ve wanted so badly to lose that gained weight... a former colleague recommended MFP to me and I find it so helpful, however I need some motivational friends who are also on their journey to keep me focused on my goal. Can I shed 3st for my wedding this summer? #help #journeywithme

Replies

• Insanitybride2b
    Insanitybride2b Posts: 82 Member
    Hey I’m getting married in November and starting insanity on Monday feel free to add me :)
  • GabyAdamidis
    GabyAdamidis Posts: 10 Member
    I’m also getting married late July - and hoping to lose 20kg before then! Feel free to add me
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Hey I’m getting married in November and starting insanity on Monday feel free to add me :)

I did insanity. Be smart through it. If you are really fit, you'll have a different experience than I did. I had to go slow and steady. My knees got worn, but my body was sculpted in the end. It's a tough workout to commit to. I am almost done with focus t25 - 2 weeks to go! Good luck!!
  • Hecka_Rebecca
    Hecka_Rebecca Posts: 50 Member
    I'm getting married in October and struggling losing the last 15lbs. Could do with some like-minded buddies!
  • emmasjones721
    emmasjones721 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm currently shedding for my August wedding and have around 30lbs left to goal!
  • coragildow
    coragildow Posts: 15 Member
    I am trying to lose 45lb by my wedding in September and would love to connect! I need all the motivation/support I can get and hopefully do the same for others :)
  • Hi I’m getting married in October and can’t lose anything I’m 157 and 5’1
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Congratulations! I am trying to lose 10ish pounds for my May 19th wedding. I've lost a total of 80 pounds (40 with mfp) and I have gained 10 of those back over the last year. I have my dress already and the last week my seamstress told me it fit, but I could not gain a literal ounce. So I'm back to logging consistently in hopes of losing about 10 pounds or at least maintaining!
  • Babs2Baby
    Babs2Baby Posts: 87 Member
    Congratulations on your engagement and to the new baby!
    I'm getting married on October 1st and need to shed at least 30lbs! Those photos last forever!
    I'm 5'4 and 160lbs :C
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    I was in a very similar situation this time last year. I got married September 9th and had about 35 pounds I wanted to lose. It was hard work but I did it with MFP and exercise. My seamstress had to take 5 inches in on my waste and told me I could lose anymore bc the dress would look distorted if she had to take it in anymore. Feel free to add me if you just want support from time to time. We actually had to postpone our honeymoon to this June because of hurricane Irma. I gained some weight back after the wedding that I’m trying to lose again. I bought all these cute bathing suits and outfits for the honeymoon and I’ll be so sad if i don’t get to wear them. I’ve lost 8 and have about 7 more to go. We can do this! Good luck!!
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Hey ladies
    What are your plans to get to your goal?
  • I am marrying my ex-husband this July I need to shed this weight!!!! Add me!!
  • Timetogetstarted
    Timetogetstarted Posts: 14 Member
    I'm not getting married until next May but already thinking about how I want to look on the day. I've lost 25lbs using My Fitness Pal but now I'm working on 'toning'. Hoping to meet people to keep me honest on this journey (weight related and wedding).
  • caitlinmimi
    caitlinmimi Posts: 9 Member
    Getting married this August, feel free to add me! Already lost about 50 pounds over the past year, still a bit to go!