Any foods you don’t log?

Options
As I was logging every blessed ingredient in my salad, I was almost to a point where I didn’t want to log some of them...lettuce and tomato, namely. My mind was saying, the calories are so low that it saves a step. Then I realized certain nutrients wouldn’t be counted.

Are there any foods you sometimes don’t log just for efficiency’s sake? Do you find that it might be a slippery slope to not logging more and more?

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Coffee, water, sparkling water.

I might grab a small handful of snap peas and not log them. But when I go for the second handful, I'll bring out the phone and log a serving. I'm not accurate with veggies for sure, but I still usually log them.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I log my lettuce but don't bother measuring it, just estimate since a cup is like all of 5 calories. I don't log cooking spray, or sugar free drink mix (also like 5 calories a serving)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    sophyoak wrote: »
    I log tomatoes as they're not THAT low on cals, but lettuce, vitamins supplements and tea I don't care to log (:

I log my vitamins as a reminder to take them.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    diet pops they are 0-5 calories a can. I loosely track my jawbreakers (weighed enough to know they are highly accurate i just toss in 45 calories and call it logger) ...The occasional nibble on a grape or a carrot or whatever. Sometimes i wont even log a small bowl of mixed fruits i eat at night. If it leads to more snacking ill log it then. I semi often just add a small portion of a serving to smethign else to make up for whatever nibbling i do. Not particularly trying to lose fast weight or anything and most my food is low calorie so it doesnt overly matter to much.

I dont log my spices and i use low calorie sauces i just quick add like 25-50 calories and call it logged.

And i dont log coffee. Drink it like a fish. Drink it black.

Im highly active and tend to undereat though i figure the small stuff sort of evens me out :p
  • charlottemccullough7244
    Options
    I don’t usually log cooking spray, but I’ll log olive oil. I won’t log a diet soda, but I would a hot cocoa. I’m beginning to think I have a 5-calorie threshold. If the item I’m putting on my plate is more than 5 calories, I log it. I probably should have logged the tomato, but I suppose it’s better than not logging the sunflower seeds.

Thanks for all of your responses! It’s good to know I’m not the only one!
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I'm short and so don't have many calories to work with. Even spices like cinnamon which are around 5 calories, and black tea or coffee which aren't much, I log.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When I log I never log lettuce.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth, but I generally don't log salad ingredients separately. Usually add it as a serving of some named salad such as Caesar Salad, Garden Salad, Tossed Salad, etc. Probably not accurate I know, but ..........
  • Skworon
    Skworon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    gym, spices, spray oil, coffee, tea anything under 5 calories But I do log coffee creamer
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gelatin. It is 10 calories, but that is where 9 draw the line.

I enter veg because I am tracking fiber
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Everything that passes my lips gets logged.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Water. I tried tracking my water intake for a day and never tried again. Idk if it'd ever become a slippery slope, but I'd rather not find out the hard way.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    All foods.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't log my nightly 1/2 gram of pink salt.
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I guess at green vegetables as they tend to not have many calls. I don’t log spices either. I believe in logging but it can get tedious.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I log all veg, but usually won't weigh things like spinach leaves or lettuce leaves, I'll log them appproximately. I don't log oil spray - one 180ml bottle lasts me well over a year, and I usually have throw them out when they expire and they are still not used up.

To balance that out I do log my jelly multivitamins and my black coffee, as I have them every day. I don't log Diet Coke or water, but I will log slimline tonic or diet Orangina (as they typically have a few more calories). I'll log spices only when I cook a whole pot of food, but not if I'm adding a bit of spice to a single dish.

With all this, I've been successfully maintaining for close to a year.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't log mustard and my black coffee.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Cooking spray and unsweet tea. It’ll be a sad day for me when my cooking spray use becomes a caloric problem. Lol. Much more likely to be my cheese problem.