Not seeing any progress

Options
Thiswomanisonamission
Thiswomanisonamission Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
b6e5lzngcf2q.jpeg
Hey everyone! I’ve recently started using my fitnesspal as weight loss I’ve done in the past hasn’t been sustainabile since it was mostly from heavy training. I love to lift, do hit, do burpees, renegade rows etc. to keep my stress down and feel strong (hate the treadmill) I use a polar loop and a heart rate tracker and acrutately know I burn around 900-1400 on my training days at least four days a week. I currently weigh 246-248lbs MyFitnessPal pal has be at a 2,100 cal goal to lose 2lbs a week. It’s not budging every other week I’m yo-yo ing weight yes I know people say don’t weigh yourself but I literally see no change in my body my glutes are a touch bigger but I’m wondering if I need to cut more calories.

Im literally exhausted of being all leg and my back fat and love handles never diminishing. The left photo is more recent, the right photo is from the end of January

Replies

• ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    How long have you been using MyFitness Pal?

Are you using a food scale?
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I am 5'10" 215lbs and I have MFP set to sedentary and it gives me 1550 daily calories. Many even though they exercise use the sedentary to get the lowest calorie goal.

How long have you been doing the MFP? Sometimes it takes people longer for their body to adjust. Dont get discouraged and never give up.
  • Jermanator
    Jermanator Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am 6'3", 320 pounds, have it set to sedentary and MFP has me at 2030 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week. The exercise I do throughout the day, I log in addition to that.

Beans1955-- You are wrong.

1oz of plain oatmeal is 100 calories and has 4 grams of protein.
    1oz of 90% lean ground beef is 50 calories and has 6 grams of protein.
    1oz of lean ham is 30 calories and 5 grams of protein.
    1oz of full fat cheese is 110 calories and has 7 grams of protein.
    1oz of bottom round is 35 calories and has 6 grams of protein.

Oatmeal can be a good source of protein, but during my short time here I have seen several times where a person is discouraged from meat because it is "fattening". For some meats, that can be true but lean meats can be selected and are excellent sources of protein for very little calories.
  • Thiswomanisonamission
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    How tall are you? I am 5'10" 215lbs and I have MFP set to sedentary and it gives me 1550 daily calories. Many even though they exercise use the sedentary to get the lowest calorie goal.

How long have you been doing the MFP? Sometimes it takes people longer for their body to adjust. Dont get discouraged and never give up.

I’m 5’9” - how does mfp have you at 1550 calories are you already fit? I’ve been using mfp for 26 days but I’ve been working out my whole life but when I started my journey of keeping track it was in January
  • pogiguy05
    Options
    karafa95 wrote: »

I’m 5’9” - how does mfp have you at 1550 calories are you already fit? I’ve been using mfp for 26 days but I’ve been working out my whole life but when I started my journey of keeping track it was in January

Well sorry but I am not fit. For my height standards say i should weigh 170lbs at the high end. I dont know when I input things I simply say I am sedentary so MFP will give you the least calories cause your not active. If you have put in very active then it is going to give you more calories.

The one main thing is and many on here will say is CICO or Calorie In Calorie Out. So in 1 month you have not lost any weight? Do you measure yourself? Sometimes we can not see weight loss and the best way is to measure.
  • Thiswomanisonamission
    Options
    Well sorry but I am not fit. For my height standards say i should weigh 170lbs at the high end. I dont know when I input things I simply say I am sedentary so MFP will give you the least calories cause your not active. If you have put in very active then it is going to give you more calories.

The one main thing is and many on here will say is CICO or Calorie In Calorie Out. So in 1 month you have not lost any weight? Do you measure yourself? Sometimes we can not see weight loss and the best way is to measure.

Oh sorry I didn’t mean to sound rude I guess I didn’t understand how they had you at so little and me eating a lot like I was set for failure lol. I’ve lost but I keep regaining
  • pogiguy05
    Options

Oh sorry I didn’t mean to sound rude I guess I didn’t understand how they had you at so little and me eating a lot like I was set for failure lol. I’ve lost but I keep regaining

It's OK and yeh if your very active that is what MFP will do. If your doing the same as me and losing then gaining I am gonna guess your habits might be similar. On again off again with the exercise and eating healthy. That is my biggest downfall. I have yet to get back to logging everything and being strict.
  • monica182
    monica182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Maybe redo your setup goals just to check they are correct. I’m 2 inches shorter than you but started around the same weight. I also exercise 1 hour per day, cardio everyday and weights 3 times per week. MFP had me on around 1600 cals a day including my exercise calories (I have my Fitbit connected and it gives me around 400 cals for my exercise ) and I have pretty consistently lost 2lbs per week. Although some weeks I lose nothing then have a woosh and lose 4lbs the next week.

I am set as sedentary (desk job) and let my Fitbit do the activity adjustment. Do you have your polar connected to MFP? If so make sure they are both on the same activity setting so there are no double ups of activity calories.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    How long have you been using MyFitness Pal?

Are you using a food scale?

^^ This
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Oops just seeing that you had replied !

Its early days yet, it takes ages to see proper progress imo and definately more than a month to see scale progress because our bodies fluctuate so much naturally.
    The main thing is the tracking of your intake, doing it accurately so you can be sure you aren't eating more than your allowance. If you're doing this then keep going and you will see progress.

All the best.