Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for some tips

Calling all those out there for your tips, food ideas and motivation I’ve fallen off the healthy waggon for about a month now and now I’m ready to get back on it any help is greatly appreciated, thanks, Charley x

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Be honest, truthful, and accurate with your diary. Such is the way of enlightenment.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    I am on the same situation. Two weeks holidays has thrown me of course. Slowly trying to get back in line. Wish you luck.
  • charmas2287
    charmas2287 Posts: 5 Member
    IndyFitJoe wrote: »
    Find something that you want more than anything and keep it out in front of you every day... let it be your motivation. Log everything you eat, right down to the butter or oil that you put on the pan to cook in.

Get a good food scale, measuring cups and spoons too. Accuracy counts!

Thank you! Some great tips
  • charmas2287
    charmas2287 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you all for your tips <3
  • Richbelle1
    Richbelle1 Posts: 44 Member
    Try scheduling your meal times and drink ginger tea / great tea / black coffee in between if you're hungry. But never snack. If you stick to your schedule your mind will learn to switch off and not think about food constantly.
    Count your calories and buy yourself that dress you've always wanted but don't fit into! Lay it out in front of you everyday (make sure it's expensive). Hehe. Hopefully these work for you!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Stop looking for tips and motivation. Forget the wagon - there is no wagon. Inform yourself on how weightloss works and what your own limits and preferences are. Losing weight is simple, just eat less. It's easy to figure out how much you can eat, and still lose weight, that's what your damn food diary is for. You can eat less of any food you like. That's hard enough, because you have to keep doing it, consistently, for real, and for a long, long time. Trying to eat less of someone else's favorite food, that is where weightloss becomes a struggle.