QUICK breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas

Options
I dont have alot of time to spead on preparing my food so would be gratefull if you lot have any ideas of some QUICK QUICK QUICK meals that are heathly :) thankyou

Replies

• lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I got a ninja master prep (awesome blender) and make smoothies each morning, super easy just fill it w/ frozen strawberries or other frozen fruit add some diet sun drop (or other citrus soda) and blend! YUM! I follow it up with a special K fiber bar.

Quick go to dinner for my home is chicken breast covered in salsa cooked preferably on the BBQ and served w/ rice. My new fav sauce is this habanero pineapple sauce from costco, YUM!!!
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love omelets. I mix the egg, egg whites and whatever veggies I am putting in it the night before and throw it in a tupperware container. The next morning all I have to do is pour it in the pan and 5 min later it is done.

I also like wraps. They are great for using up leftover meat, veggies and easy to take to work or on the road (I am in sales so in my car a good bit).
  • bstilland
    bstilland Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    *bump* to view later...looking forward to reading the responses to your post.
  • Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Options
    I eat grapes and apples in the morning and for snacking :)
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    I got a ninja master prep (awesome blender) and make smoothies each morning, super easy just fill it w/ frozen strawberries or other frozen fruit add some diet sun drop (or other citrus soda) and blend! YUM! I follow it up with a special K fiber bar.

Quick go to dinner for my home is chicken breast covered in salsa cooked preferably on the BBQ and served w/ rice. My new fav sauce is this habanero pineapple sauce from costco, YUM!!!

Gotta try the habanero pineapple sauce....do you know what brand it is?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BuMpInG for later! I need some quick and easy ideas too!
  • svetlana_vs
    Options
    For breakfast I have muesli with milk or light drinking yoghurt or just yoghurt with a piece of bread, or a piece of bread with some low-fat spread. Cottage cheese is another alternative. You can also make great porridge in microwave.

The quick dinners for me are any types of salads, fried chicken liver or young potatoes in microwave. When I have enough calories, I have young potatoes with canned sardines, yammi!

One of my latest inventions is aubergine sliced in 2 halfs, put in microwave (1 half) for about 5 min, then put tomato rings on it, another 1-2 min, then a bit of cheese for another minute. Nourishing, hot and low cal!
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of premade tacos; they take a bit of time to pre-make, but that pays off in spades the next AM when you're running out the door and can have an awesome breakfast in 45 seconds:

Breakfast Tacos: 221 cals each and they keep me full for at least 4 hours, if not more:
    For each taco, you will need:
    La Bandarita - Sm Flour Tortilla, 1 tortilla
    Homemade - 1 Scrambled Egg
    Owens - Breakfast Sausage, 0.5 oz
    Albertsons - Monterey Jack Cheese, 0.25 oz ( if you use the super fine shredder side of your grater, you can get away w/ using way less cheese than you think you need, and I LOVE cheese)
    You can also add fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley or oregano) or bell or poblano peppers.

Cook the sausage, while it's cooking set up however many tortillas you want to make and grate your cheese as well. Drain the sausage and set aside. Scramble the eggs, make sure to NOT let them get overdone since you're going to be cooking them again in the morning.

Spoon the eggs onto the tortilla, add the sausage and cheese, and wrap up. Voila! Awesomeness :)

You can use saran wrap or foil....saranwrap can be microwaved, foil cannot (obviously) but these are amazing if you heat them in the oven for 5 min in the foil packet :)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Chicken Tacos: I don't have the exact measurements or cals on these, but they run about 230 cals the way that I have here:
    boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced very small (1 = 2-3 tacos)
    Lawry's pineapple teriyaki marinade
    bell peppers
    1/2 oz cheese per taco
    tortillas

In a large pot (depending on how many chicken breasts you're going to use), combine chicken, marinade, and bell peppers. Cook til chicken is done.

Assemble tacos; they're much better if you make them more of a quesadilla and grill them on a nonstick pan w/ no pam/butter/oil - they get browned on the outside and all the cheese melts together.
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bumoing for later!!
  • smileyfacy
    Options
    Thankyou for the great ideas ! looking forwards to eating them ! :) In smoothies what fruit do you think i should use ? i tryed banana and strawberries but it didnt go down well lol !
  • Duneroller
    Duneroller Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast muffins most of the time.

1 Thomas' Light Multi-Grain English muffin
    2 T low fat cream cheese
    4 slices Healthy Ones Smoked Turkey breast lunch meat
    1/2 slice Pepper Jack cheese
    Baby spinach leaves

Toast the muffin. Spread cream cheese and add turkey. Split the 1/2 slice cheese in half. Nuke it for about 15 seconds to melt the cheese. Add spinach when done.

280 cals
    28g carbs
    14g fat
    18g protein
    386200 Posts: 2
    Options
    Here's a quick and easy dinner:
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    In a bowl, mix 1 jar of your favorite salsa, 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend, 2 tablespoons mustard, 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
    Pour it over the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 30-35 mins at 350.

For lunch:
    Progresso Light Soup (the whole can)
    salad or a wrap made with a Flat Out Light Original wrap, precooked packaged chicken, lettuce, tomato, lite ranch dressing

For bfast:
    I bring a small container to work with 1/2 cup Quick Oats, few nuts, 2 tspoons Splenda brown sugar, cinnamon, few craisins or finely chopped apple. When I get to work, I just add some hot water, put the lid back on, and stir and eat in about 5 minutes. Very filling!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I use this website to find recipes.

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/