Scale is still not moving.

I have worked out for 4 weeks straight. I have got stronger but measurements and weight are not changing. Started tracking my food 2 weeks ago and have been good , just Feeling frustrated...any advise?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You don't have to be good, you have to be accurate and patient. Weightloss is so slow that a couple of weeks of it can easily be masked by fluctuations. What's your height and weight? What is your calorie target set to? Are you hitting it daily? Do you use a food scale?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    working out doesn't = weight loss...

you have been tracking for 2 weeks... come back in another 2-4 weeks if the scale is still not moving.
  • awilde4
    awilde4 Posts: 16 Member
    I was in the same boat! I was pretty frustrated but kept at it. I was happy to see at about the 6 week mark I'd lost 8 pounds but by week 8 I'd lost THREE! inches off my hips. Slow and steady wins the race. Just keep at it. You can do it!
  • brig_it
    brig_it Posts: 15 Member
    First, awesome job at working out and tracking calories! Your body thanks you, even if it doesn't show up on the scale yet. Secondly, bodies are weird. I have found that my weight fluctuates so much that have to use other measurements (like how my clothes fit, tape measurer) to measure progress. Precision Nutrition has an awesome article about all the other ways you can measure progress: https://www.precisionnutrition.com/ways-to-know-if-your-nutrition-plan-is-working