Eating, sadly too little. Help Please!

Options
So I am doing a life style change and eating healthy. I eat every 3 hours 4-5 times a day( depends when I wake up). What I cannot seem to conquer is hitting that 1'200 calorie a day mark. I get like in the 800-980 but not over, I don't even hit 1'000! I do not want to put myself in danger so can someone help me on how to eat more calories. And btw like I'm never like starving I don't want people to think I am purposely starving myself. After I eat I feel not too full but satisfied and full of energy. Need some advice

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Can you open up your diary. That will help....
  • hjames0486
    Options
    Can you give us an idea what a typical day looks like for you? What kind of foods do you usually eat?
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    im like that too, not hungry so dont feel the need to eat more, dont wanna eat just to add cals on,, not sure what to do either. xx
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Without adding junk it's a lot of food. Try nuts. A handful of nuts really adds up fast.
  • jadejellybones
    Options
    Hmm try picking things that are a little higher in calories. I don't really know what your average day looks like so I can't really help you all that much but if you're really concerned about eating more then look for options that are healthy, but heavier calorie-wise. That's all I can really think of to say.
  • Monika135
    Options
    Open the Diary!
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How about peanut butter, nuts, and protein shakes?
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Nuts! Almonds, pastachios, walnuts! Trail mix! Granola added to yogurt.
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Simple things would be to add some healthy fats, like avacado, nuts, peanut butter, nutella, cheese and such to your diet. If your drinking skim milk, bounce to 2%. I know when I am at 900 calories, and can't push past it, I will drink a protein shake, or have a little Low Fat ice cream, usually pushes me right to where I need to be.
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    if you aren't hungry then that is your body's way of telling you that you had enough...don't just stuff yourself with needless high calorie food, you'll make yourself sick
    try some exercise, that will wake up your metabolism and make you more hungry.
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    I also noticed that you are 15, and I am not going to tell you not to lose weight, but I lost weight when I "matured" at about 14/15 and am now completely flat chested... If you are not fully developed yet, you may want to hold off on the diet or you may regret it later :-/ Do what you want, but not being able to fill out an A cup when you are in your 20s is a little pathetic in my opinion. My co-worker just recently brought me a bra her 10 year old daughter refused to where (from a kid store mind you) and it fit me perfectly...
  • IHaveATail
    Options
    Eat more peanuts!!!! If you are eating raw, or going vegan or veggie. EAT NUTS. they are filling, high calorie and high in protein. I've been there, You just wonder what else is there besides what you are used to eating. Try hummus with veggies...lots of raw carrots or celery in organic peanut butter. You pretty much have to be eating constantly.
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an answer for you. I know with the meats/proteins that I eat I pick up calories there. I'm eating meats like fish and chicken. Fish like salmon, catfish, snapper are higher in calories and I eat them in 4 or 5 oz for lunch and dinner. Maybe you need to include snacks if you aren't doing so. Healthy snacks like Chobani yogurt, almonds
  • mamawalstad
    mamawalstad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating more protein. Almonds, peanuts....that sort of thing. Maybe even other healthy fats such as avacodo, cheese or a soy drink. It will help you hit your calories and it's a healthier choice. I'd hate to see you eat empty calories just to hit your daily amount. Stay strong!!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    when I have extra calories I treat myself to a frozen yogurt or weight watchers ice cream bar,,,,,,,,
  • SilverRoses42
    SilverRoses42 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay uh
    9:30 2 egg whites, 1 slice extra lean turkey bacon, 2 cups of steamed spinach
    12:30 1 cup of mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) 2.5oz of ground chicken breast grilled ( 1 Tablespoon of leeks, mushroom, onion and garlic mixed in win the meat) and 2 leafs of lettuce
    4:00 smoothie 1 cup of frozen strawberries, 1 banana, protein powder and ice
    7:00 Portebello Mushroom cap with 1/4 cup of tomatoes, leeks,onions, garlic, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon Of grated parmesan cheese
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    These are generic suggestions since you haven't opened your diary.

Nuts, Avacado, Cheese. Drizzle some Olive Oil over cooked veggies. Add some full-fat dressing to your salad. Let your dairy products have some fat in them - like 2% milk instead of skim. Cut up a protein bar into bite size pieces and nibble on them here and there throughout the day. Have some good hearty whole-grain bread instead of the low calorie variety. Toast it and spread some peanut butter on it.

It won't take much to get you up into a safe zone, but the long-range damage to your body from going so low all the time isn't worth it. You need to find a way, especially at your age - your ability to have children, and your health as an adult depend on the nutrition you're giving your body now.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    If I haven't eaten enough I put some peanut butter on ryvita an easy 200 calories right there depending on how much peanut butter you put on them!
  • SilverRoses42
    SilverRoses42 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay uh
    9:30 2 egg whites, 1 slice extra lean turkey bacon, 2 cups of steamed spinach
    12:30 1 cup of mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) 2.5oz of ground chicken breast grilled ( 1 Tablespoon of leeks, mushroom, onion and garlic mixed in win the meat) and 2 leafs of lettuce
    4:00 smoothie 1 cup of frozen strawberries, 1 banana, protein powder and ice
    7:00 Portebello Mushroom cap with 1/4 cup of tomatoes, leeks,onions, garlic, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon Of grated parmesan
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Eat some carbs.