Looking For Desk Jockie Friends

Options

Replies

• Pixi24
    Pixi24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    8 hours a day, 5 days a week for almost a year now... wanted a more grounded job than slinging drinks till 2:am but this desk job is proving to be rough on my scale.. :-/
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Pixi24 wrote: »
    8 hours a day, 5 days a week for almost a year now... wanted a more grounded job than slinging drinks till 2:am but this desk job is proving to be rough on my scale.. :-/

It is so very tough.... that's why we need to all stick together.
  • GetFit0767
    GetFit0767 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I am desk bound at work, I set myself different monthly challenges to keep myself active.

Past ones have been:
    • Minimising sofa time in the evening to 60 or 90 minutes - so that if I want to watch TV longer I need to do something other than sit, such as watching it while I meal prep or iron, etc.
    • Setting myself an average step count goal for the week.
    • Doing 15 squats every time I go into the bathroom (I drink a lot of water so that's a lot of squats lol)
    • Doing 3 runs/hikes per week
    • Getting up from my desk once per hour.

I track them in a journal and post them on my newsfeed/instagram account.

This is my current one:

120g of protein? Is that per day? I'm lucky if I can make it to 75g per day.... But I follow a plant based diet, so there's that

@PrincessTinyheart Sorry didn't see this, yes 120g, I was getting about 105g per day, but have been doing well with my 120g goal, I do have quite a high calorie intake though due to my current weight/height and how active I am, I'd maintain on around 2500 calories on a normal active day and around 2100 if sedentary.
  • WendyJoy76
    WendyJoy76 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    me too , 8-5 , sometimes I use my desk to do tricep dip when no one is around LOL :)
  • rhinestoneradio
    rhinestoneradio Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Vegetarian HR/Marketing lady, live at my desk pretty much. Would love more veggie office friends (but down to be anyone's friend :D)
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    total desk jockey, but I work on the 11th floor of a building so I take the steps down and elevator back up when I need a break from the desk. I think I would die if I tried going back up the steps all the way. I only made it to the 5th floor when I took the steps after we had a fire alarm and then were allowed back inside. I also have a door to my office that I shut during lunch so I sometimes to yoga or nap.
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I stand a work station...add me if you like
  • tyranapookysaurus
    tyranapookysaurus Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Desk bound for a while yet.
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Turn_2 wrote: »
    Note to self: Before doing deskercises make sure I have deodarant at work.

Your co workers thank you.
  • curiousgp
    Options
    SomeMorr wrote: »
    I also have a door to my office that I shut during lunch so I sometimes to yoga or nap.

huge fan of the lunch time nap - need to probably quit that and start lacing up my sneakers and getting in a walk/jog/wog once the sun comes out.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    ditto

I get up and get 250 steps every hour when the fitbit buzzes at me.
  • curiousgp
    edited March 2018
    Options
    10 hour days here - hour lunch. I too nap, do yoga and random kettle bell swings when I'm particularly motivated. The rest of the time I do stick to a 10000 step goal even if i have to do steps in place. Any steps I get in after work are gravy. I also do 10 squats every time I hit the bathroom (we have nice large bathrooms.) I live in the land of deep winter - so once the weather rights itself I pledge to move my little step goal outside and get a mile in on my coffee breaks and perhaps two on lunch break.
  • Turn_2
    Turn_2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    curiousgp wrote: »
    10 hour days here - hour lunch. I too nap, do yoga and random kettle bell swings when I'm particularly motivated. The rest of the time I do stick to a 10000 step goal even if i have to do steps in place. Any steps I get in after work are gravy. I also do 10 squats every time I hit the bathroom (we have nice large bathrooms.) I live in the land of deep winter - so once the weather rights itself I pledge to move my little step goal outside and get a mile in on my coffee breaks and perhaps two on lunch break.

I like the nap part
  • VolsG8rH8r
    VolsG8rH8r Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    10 hours a day 7am to 5 pm and typically eat snacks through out the day because I don't take lunch. When I first started a desk job the back of legs hurt from sitting so much. I use to do 25 push-ups 5x a day. I need to get back on that. I like all these ideas.
  • Turn_2
    Turn_2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Today I challenge everyone to 5 minutes of some sort of excercise every hour even if you have to hide in a bathroom stall and do squats. Probably a bad choice of words but you know what I mean! Feel free to add me for more desk jocky fun!
  • 1Mrsmcdilbert
    1Mrsmcdilbert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have been at a desk for years. It is rough. Trying to become a morning workout person, but that is easier said than done. I am in for daily challenges.
  • mamabearslm
    mamabearslm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey yall i am about 2 weeks new and im also a "desk jockey" idk how to add people. Help! I wanna join the fun.
  • Sober_Is_Sexy
    Sober_Is_Sexy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, graphic designer here. I am at my desk all day at work, except at lunch time when I go to the gym.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    working at a desk all day then standing at my part-time job