When you're cheating, what are you eating?

Options

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on calling them "cheat" days or meals but I'm certainly capable of choosing to eat closer to maintenance rather than sticking to my calorie cut. I've also gotten really picky about what I'm willing to eat if it goes outside my calories; it's going to be on something that I unequivocally enjoy. My in-laws eat too much of a southern-style, carb-heavy diet for my taste and my sister-in-law is a vegetarian (I am not, I don't understand why anyone would willfully follow that WOE). They're also catholic so we've got meatless Fridays going on now too. I'm often met with bewilderment from my wife when I say things like "It's not worth it calorically to eat pizza without meat on it."

Short list:
    Quality Pizza
    Tacos
    Taco Bell
    A really good burger
    Slow-smoked pulled pork
    single-malt scotch
    Breakfast foods
  • Cassidy95c
    Cassidy95c Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Funny I just posted about takis lmao I think that’s my cheat meal or some bomb ice cream
  • alealehandraa
    alealehandraa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cake! Cake! Cake! Basically everything creamy with vanilla <3
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    Usually something ridiculously sweet.

This. Coconut cake, macarons, cookies, old-fashioned or blueberry cake donuts.
    With coffee and/or tea.

• Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The only “cheat” thing I have is alcohol. That’s so caloric that it usually pushes me over so I don’t indulge often. I’d rather eat than drink my calories.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been training for an upcoming comp and keeping my nutrition on point, but after the comp, I'm getting some chicken and waffles. The restaurant is already on speed dial, I'll be calling it in as soon as I leave the event.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I say *kitten* it, it's usually pizza or burgers and a very, very special occasion. And also cake.

Or, after a race, I always go out for breakfast and in that case, it's pancakes.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I try to keep "cheats" fairly decent, but holy *kitten* this was good
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    I try to keep "cheats" fairly decent, but holy *kitten* this was good

That's not a cheat *to me*.
    That's just lunch.

Exactly. That's any given day's food.
  • robinhager3998
    robinhager3998 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Some kind of dessert like pie or cake. Then I feel like crap afterwards! It's never as good as you think it's going to be.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I cheat by getting takeaway food or something from a restaurant - something that is highly calorific or difficult to log (or both!). I need the idea of a monthly break, even if I choose not to take it, to keep me in a good mindset and enjoy food a bit with my boyfriend. Yeah, sure, I could fit it into my calories - but guessing is hard, and who wants to eat half a burger anyway?
  • amandastardust89
    amandastardust89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It is torturous that things like chocolate and alcohol can be so high in calories!

Not too much of a sweet tooth here (most of the time), but when it is acting up, I like ice cream or a candy bar.

Sometimes I'll just have a can of Coke to satiate those cravings without all the fat, even though it has a lot of sugar!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    We all cheat on our diets from time to time, so when you DO cheat...what do you eat?

I am a huge snacker. Namely, Cheetos. Even more specifically, Hot Cheetos! I'll at them with anything and everything.

What is your favorite cheat food?

I don't consider the MFP way to be a "diet". It's simply a changed "way of life".

Therefore I don't regard any specific food as "cheat" food. I simply record all food I eat in order to track my "Calories In", and all exercise done in order to track my "Calories Out", and ensure I consistently have a "Calorie Deficit".
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chips in all forms. I love salty snacks and if I have any bags of chips in the house I can’t stop. So I don’t buy them anymore. Today was rough so I popped some popcorn.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Dates. Date rolls. Dried fruit.
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Also don’t cheat as I always stay within my calories, I do have higher calorie days though which usually includes a good burger and ice cream. I also like pizza and Thai food