Need Some Motivation Please

Options
got cravings for ice cream and milkshakes am addicted to them ive been doing great for the last 2 weeks and am so proud of myself i really dont want to break my healthy diet

i use to have ice cream 3 times a day before so id really like to stop now

Replies

• katpetal
    katpetal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! But remember 1 every once in a while does not mean you're failing or even cheating s long as you stay within your calorie goals. But maybe instead of a milkshake you could make a fruit smoothi at home - satisify the sweet craving, the cold craving, and still be healthy!
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Really the only thing that truly works is to tell yourself no. It's hard, but effective. Good luck. :)
  • Bebemadison
    Options
    Get some of the Skinny Cow stuff they are awesome and not a whole lot of calories. Drumsticks have some small ones too that are around 100 calories and really good flavors.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    GunnyErmey1-1.jpg
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I used to have ice cream EVERY night before I went to bed, so I know what you mean! I've found that I can't just deny myself things because that ends up biting me in the butt in the long run. I try to work it into my day. I have a sweet treat every night, its just not a big bowl of ice cream! Have you tried the Skinny Cow ice creams? They are pretty good! Also, Nestle makes a chocolate push-up ice cream treat, that is about 120 calories if I remember correctly. Just find something that you like, they have a lot of options out there now. We can do this!! :)
  • bahamamama2
    Options
    I know the feeling my daughter always asks for ice cream from Baskin Robbins after I pick her up from day camp. I feel compelled to eat with her. So now I either order a small soft serve in a cup (3 oz= 140 cal) or I order a large scoop for her (4 oz = 260), she normally gets a kids scoop and we share.

That way I don't deprive myself and she keeps me in check especially when we share. And I only by ice cream in single servings from the store no more gallons, half gal. or pints for our house because I never know when enough is enough.

I find that when I deprive myself of something I really want and crave that I eat a bunch of "healthier options" in larger quantities which defeats the purpose.

Best of luck and remember its only food.
  • bahamamama2
    Options
    I bought those mini-drumsticks by accident on day and loved them, too bad everyone in my house hated eating in moderation. My husband at 3 at once!
  • romzana
    romzana Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thak you for your kindful advice much appreciate it
  • ddboone
    ddboone Posts: 61
    Options
    My advice would be to keep it out of the house, especially if you are addicted. Have it as a special treat once in a while, order the smallest size you can get - don't be afraid to ask for a kid's portion - and savor every mouthful. Remind yourself that there are plenty of treats you can have that are good for you and have one of those (homemade fruit smoothie for example). Most importantly, make sure you are keeping a daily food journal. That's helped me break some of my less desirable food habits - soda, bite-sized chocolates - because once I see that I have sacrificed 500-600 calories on junk, it makes me less inclined to do it again.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just make it 30 days. If you can do something for 30 days, then you can always do it!

Have you tried some of the low-cal desserts in the freezer section? Some of them are really good, and not too hard on the diet :happy:
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to keep it out of the house, especially if you are addicted. Have it as a special treat once in a while, order the smallest size you can get - don't be afraid to ask for a kid's portion - and savor every mouthful. Remind yourself that there are plenty of treats you can have that are good for you and have one of those (homemade fruit smoothie for example). Most importantly, make sure you are keeping a daily food journal. That's helped me break some of my less desirable food habits - soda, bite-sized chocolates - because once I see that I have sacrificed 500-600 calories on junk, it makes me less inclined to do it again.

so so so true! The food diary has been a life saver for me. I always think "Do I want that tootsy roll glaring at me on my diary page? Do I really want to waste my snack calories on a Dr. Pepper?"