Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Keto

Hi I’m 39 years old and I have 4 kids and a good partner but feel like it’s time to get fit and healthy, I’m interested in the keto diet so if anyone has got any information on this please share and also dose it really work. Thanks x

Replies

• Lettysolis75
    Lettysolis75 Posts: 3 Member
    I'd be more than happy to share some of my info.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Hi I’m 39 years old and I have 4 kids and a good partner but feel like it’s time to get fit and healthy, I’m interested in the keto diet so if anyone has got any information on this please share and also dose it really work. Thanks x

It works just like any other diet - if you eat less calories than you burn you'll lose weight. No matter what you do, it still comes down to calories. The keto diet is not magical in that regard.

It may help control your hunger if you find fatty foods satisfying, because a keto diet is mostly fat. You'll also lose a significant amount of water weight in the beginning as you deprive your body of carbs/glycogen, but that's not actual fat loss.
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    I have been on keto for a bit over 4 months and have lost 21kg (about 43 pounds) and my overall health has greatly improved, so yes for me it works. I am medically supervised by my doctor. I have found a lot of good info at dietdoctor.com. This is the website my doctor referred me to.
  • lilyvb03
    lilyvb03 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I started Keto 4 days ago and I struggle when it’s tome to eat because I don’t know what to eat. What is your typical breakfast, lunch and dinner in a day? Help!!!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    lilyvb03 wrote: »
    Hi, I started Keto 4 days ago and I struggle when it’s tome to eat because I don’t know what to eat. What is your typical breakfast, lunch and dinner in a day? Help!!!!!
    You can eat anything you want, but on keto, you eat high fat and very low carb.
  • mjy7478
    mjy7478 Posts: 60 Member
    I have four kids as well and between work and all of thier school activities, thier homework ,and a hectic all around schedule it is definitely hard to stay focused. You are not alone
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto