Getting Rid of Hip Dips?

Options

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    i think we all need a picture of this hip dip thing. i'm lost.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,021 Member
    Options
    My hips were 40 originally, I grew them out to 45 with these exercises. Have to go heavy with progressive overload though.

Can I ask why? I'm working on going the other direction. Genetically, I can't go too small, but the smaller my hips/butt are the better!

• inkedrapture
    inkedrapture Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My hips were 40 originally, I grew them out to 45 with these exercises. Have to go heavy with progressive overload though.

Can I ask why? I'm working on going the other direction. Genetically, I can't go too small, but the smaller my hips/butt are the better!

I prefer a thicker look. I’m kinda tall (5’6) and me having no hips makes me look lanky. But that’s my own personal opinion on myself.
  • inkedrapture
    inkedrapture Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I prefer a thicker look. I’m kinda tall (5’6) and me having no hips makes me look lanky. But that’s my own personal opinion on myself.

:lol::grin: I'm kinda short (5'6") and prefer the slim look which would make running and cycling a bit easier ... but bones are bones ...

Yeah I used to feel that way, and my hips were even smaller than 40 at that time. All I did was cardio and was a size 0 lol. I wouldn’t wanna look like that now, but to each their own ☺️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,021 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

:lol::grin: I'm kinda short (5'6") and prefer the slim look which would make running and cycling a bit easier ... but bones are bones ...

Yeah I used to feel that way, and my hips were even smaller than 40 at that time. All I did was cardio and was a size 0 lol. I wouldn’t wanna look like that now, but to each their own ☺️

It's all about perspective ... and personal goals. :)

• Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You're at a healthy weight I'd recommend changing your goal from losing 1 pound a week to 0.5 good luck!!
  • Thiswomanisonamission
    Options
    Keep losing fat and they go down proportionally. You can't target specific areas for weight loss. Just keep losing.

Not sure if someone already responded to this but she’s not taking about fat she’s talking about a concave curve in her hip region she (I’m assuming) wants filled in.

I’m not a fitness expert and I actually don’t have this problem but I’ve had friends who do and train with fire hydrants, lateral lunges, curtsy squats and the abductor machine? ( not sure which one it is called but the one where you’re pushing out) and they train heavy so to try and build muscle in that region.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it may just be something that you have to not be able to be removed... feel free to
    Keep us updated if you want.
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I only noticed mine when I lost weight - so as someone said above, losing weight could make them more prominent - it is all individual/genetics. not sure why people are so bothered by them? of all the problems you could have in the world hip dips don't even make the short list of things that bother me.

I've never really thought about/noticed hip dips. Now that I am thinking about them, the fittest person I know, my best friend (who is also super attractive and modeled in her early 20s) has noticeable hip dips. She's 5'2, 110 pounds, and a yoga instructor who also does crossfit. They are obviously more genetic than weight related, but definitely not something I'd worry about.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

I cut mine down and grew back up on purpose. I went to 37 inches but the whole point was to get lean, and then build back up with muscle. I don't have a chest or anything. I want a nice beautiful booty.
  • Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Personally, I'm working on building up my butt because I have big boobs and shoulders, and I'd rather look like an hourglass than a lollipop :wink:
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Mine get worse the leaner I am as well, I'm working on minimizing it by building muscle in that area the best I can. I honest to god thought for the longest time that it was the result of wearing nothing but low-rise jeans as a teenager. :D Now that I realize it's just how my bones are structured I don't really think about it too much. I'm hopeful I can round out my hips a little more, as I'm so small chested I feel it would give me a more feminine silhouette, but if I always have a dip there it wont be the end of the world.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Sitting here thinking "What the hell are hip dips?! OMG, do I have these, too?!?!?"..... hahaha
    Thank you @middlehaitch for posting that pic. :#

• kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just had to Google what those are. Turns out they're the things I detest on myself that make my lower butt/upper thighs look so huge. Huh. If only you could get rid of them. :D