Trying to lose 24lb by August

Options
Hey, so I started calorie counting on Monday (05/03) so I’ve limited them down to 1,200 a day and doing roughly 2 hours exercise a week (thats without the house work and the general walking around I do anyway) and I’m also going to be wearing a waist trainer so this is helping me cinch my waist a little more and sweating more around the abdomen. Before anyone says they’re bad it’s not sucking me in until I can’t breathe so don’t worry and I’m only wearing it for 4 hours a day max. Hopefully I can achieve this goal by doing all of this and I’m going to be doing weekly weigh ins and I’ll post on here how I’ve been getting on. If anyone fancies joining me? Or supporting me feel free to comment your weight loss goals and how you’re going to achieve them.

Starting weight: st13.2lb
Current weight: st13.1lb
Goal weight: st11.0lb

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Weightloss is simple, but not necessary easy. You just have to eat less, but you have to do it for real, consistently and for a long time, so it's challenging enough. If you want results, focus on efforts that have an effect. Waist trainers have no effect. What they do, is take away mental energy from what has an effect. Logging your food intake, using a food scale, hitting your calorie goal, sounds boring in comparison, but they are things that will produce the desired effect.
  • GirlVersusFat
    GirlVersusFat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wear a waist trainer when I do my HIIT workouts but only because I like how it keeps everything together, I really want to get some compression gear because I know that will be better but they're kinda expensive.

Hopefully, you achieve your goal and I wish you success on your journey!
  • nataliemayjones95
    nataliemayjones95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah I like the effect it has when working out, I’m just going to see how it goes for a month with it first then if I notice a difference I’ll carry on. Thankyou good luck to you too! Xxx
  • winnikvickie
    winnikvickie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've used a waist trainer and i loved how it made me feel. I did hear that it is only water / sweat you lose but it's still losing it. I've been using weight watchers along with this and hopefully i can lose a stone by August. Good luck folks x