Doing things right (i think) and not really losing weight

Options

Replies

• Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    jardane1 wrote: »
    What did you set your loss goal as? 0.5, 1 pound ? 2 pounds? How do you track drinks? Do you ever scan products? Do you ever not track what you're eating? Is your diary open? If not please open it so we can view it and give some advice.

I scan everything I eat and weight it closely, water may be a factor because only this week have I been pushing my self to drink a lot of water.

Just a suggestion, eat more foods that don't have barcodes to scan.

He's right!! The numbers can be off as much as 20% weigh does tend to fluctuate but eating items with caloric intake that can be incorrect would play a factor as well.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I too would be one to want to sit down and check with you whether you are using your kitchen scale for everything including packages, pre-logging everything (either in a secure notebook, or directly to your phone, or computer) before you're even eating it, including things such as cooking oil, and condiments and definitely dressings and even coffee and tea and anything that might go into them.

On the subject I would also look through my zero calorie items. For example PAM spray or zero calorie dressings and such. And look up their 100 gram values in other countries and actually weight how much I was using.

This is a +1 to SilentPanda in that I lost about 70lbs my first year using MFP eating approximately 2560 very carefully counted Cal a day on average. Considerably less tall than you and older, and no vigorous exercise. I was, however, averaging a good 3 hours of fast walking around per day.

I would also plug in my weight-ins into a trending weight app and look at my current rate of loss. Is it perhaps just slower than it was before but still there? Were you used to seeing a lb or two every few days and now it is only happening every week or so?
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What did you set your loss goal as? 0.5, 1 pound ? 2 pounds? How do you track drinks? Do you ever scan products? Do you ever not track what you're eating? Is your diary open? If not please open it so we can view it and give some advice.

I scan everything I eat and weight it closely, water may be a factor because only this week have I been pushing my self to drink a lot of water.

You said you haven't lost weight in 2 months I'm thinking it's probably not the water. You diary doesn't show up in your profile can you set it to public?

it's not that I don't lose but it will go up and down, my weight log looks like an EKG lol

That's normal weight loss is not linear fluctuations can occur. I sometimes find myself gaining and losing the same 3 pounds, and after 3 weeks I finally lose a pound, and I gain it back the next, and I lose 2 pounds. Id recommend you open your diary so we can double check your intake information if you can, and also use a trend weight app.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have been working on losing weight for almost a year, I have lost over 60lb but things are stalling out. I only eat around 2500 calories a day and go to the gym every day (most of the time). My weight keeps going up and down and seems to hover between 390 and 398. I do rather well about sticking to my calories but I don't know why I am not losing more weight.

Some stats: I am 32 years old, 6'4 with a large frame. The things I am trying right now are drinking more water, getting more sleep and working out harder.

Am I eating too much? am I not eating enough? the 2500 calories a day were calculated by my fitness pal.

Help?

Most likely a logging issue. I lost weight comfortably at about 2100-2300 calories per day being moderately active and I started at 240. Went down to 195. Back up now to about 205 (on purpose for lifting etc.)

I'm 20+ years older than you and only 5'11".

If you did nothing active at all and ate 2500 per day, you should be losing close to 2 pounds per week on average. If you have stalled for awhile, then I'm wondering if you are measuring your food closely enough. By that I mean everything to gram or the closest tenth of an ounce. Tighten that up and give it a few weeks.

Agreed. I started at 330+ at 52 and 6'. Just kept mostly to the MFP guidelines and am down to ~205. 2500 is about right, but probably not what you are eating.

I honestly am tracking very closely and only go over very rarely, I am not overeating that is what is frustrating. I tend to eat the same thing most days. My account is open so you can see what i am eating.

Do you go to Chipolte that often, or are you using this as an estimate for what you are eating? I don't have one here (I'm Canadian) so I'm not sure how accurate the listings are.

What are you drinking? I don't see anything there. Is it just water?

Oh, and please don't read anything into those questions. Chipolte is fine and pretty much all I drink is black coffee and water and I don't log them. I just want to clarify.

• jardane1
    jardane1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been working on losing weight for almost a year, I have lost over 60lb but things are stalling out. I only eat around 2500 calories a day and go to the gym every day (most of the time). My weight keeps going up and down and seems to hover between 390 and 398. I do rather well about sticking to my calories but I don't know why I am not losing more weight.

Some stats: I am 32 years old, 6'4 with a large frame. The things I am trying right now are drinking more water, getting more sleep and working out harder.

Am I eating too much? am I not eating enough? the 2500 calories a day were calculated by my fitness pal.

Help?

Most likely a logging issue. I lost weight comfortably at about 2100-2300 calories per day being moderately active and I started at 240. Went down to 195. Back up now to about 205 (on purpose for lifting etc.)

I'm 20+ years older than you and only 5'11".

If you did nothing active at all and ate 2500 per day, you should be losing close to 2 pounds per week on average. If you have stalled for awhile, then I'm wondering if you are measuring your food closely enough. By that I mean everything to gram or the closest tenth of an ounce. Tighten that up and give it a few weeks.

Agreed. I started at 330+ at 52 and 6'. Just kept mostly to the MFP guidelines and am down to ~205. 2500 is about right, but probably not what you are eating.

I honestly am tracking very closely and only go over very rarely, I am not overeating that is what is frustrating. I tend to eat the same thing most days. My account is open so you can see what i am eating.

Do you go to Chipolte that often, or are you using this as an estimate for what you are eating? I don't have one here (I'm Canadian) so I'm not sure how accurate the listings are.

What are you drinking? I don't see anything there. Is it just water?

Oh, and please don't read anything into those questions. Chipolte is fine and pretty much all I drink is black coffee and water and I don't log them. I just want to clarify.

The truth is I do go there a lot, several times a week so maybe I do need to cut it out. I drink primarily water and zero calories sparkling waters. I have been drinking the new zero calorie cokes they taste great.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stalling?