thinking of food

Options
Why is it that since I decided to cut back & eat better (all for health reasons) now all i can do is think about food. Even when I'm not hungry, I keep wanting something to eat....

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It will slow down. Instead of going to the frig. go to the computer and start writing.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    gum and/or water really helps with this!
  • Cokamo
    Cokamo Posts: 51
    Options
    Grab a glass of water or a piece of sugar free gum. You'll be amazed how much that helps. Do make sure you're getting enough to eat, though.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I feel the same way!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have 8ounces of water when I wake, before each meal (5meals) and after a meal. That should keep you from thinking about food because you be stuffed and full of water! lol..... sometimes, I can't even eat all those meals in a day. Oh, and I chew Extra Sugar Free chocolate mint gum and that keeps me away from sweets.
  • Stephiillicious
    Options
    I always want something to eat or a thinking about different places to eat that have healthy yet tasty meals
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    Hi sharon and I am a firm believer that when we tell ourselves "no" we kick into rebellion mode and want exactly what we think we can't have. When I get a bit preoccupied by food, I do a couple of things. I go for a walk or start into a chore (endorphines always made me less hungry); I start looking up recipes to see if there are calorie saving ways to make the food I'm craving; search for a good distraction, any distraction, like smaller clothes I wanna get into. If all else fails, I eat a snack...a healthy, low cal one. It does pass and we get back to the place of "eating to live" rather than "living to eat!" Hope this helps!
  • jesslh827
    jesslh827 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have found what works for me (and was suggested during the B.A.B.E.S weightloss program) that especially at the beginning of a diet, you should pick a menu breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks included that meets your nutritional requirements but stays within your calorie limitations and then DO NOT eat anything other than the menu for 4-6 weeks. Currently I am trying one where i do change up my dinner. Two nights in a row i will have a bean dish (i make enough for two nights) and then two nights, salmon and then two nights beans and one night salmon... repeat. Sometimes just thinkng about a diet-worthy meal makes you CRAVE everything you shouldn't be eating. With this strategy you only have to plan one time and the set your self on "auto piolot" according to your plan. For the times in between meal/snack times you should drink lots of water.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I find that having a menu for the week helps me not think about food. I have three meals and three snacks. I don't even think about food...when it is time I go to the menu, see what is on it for that meal and eat. I always want what it says. If I'm not hungry I usually don't eat that meal, but the next time I am hungry I will have whatever meal/snack I skipped. That's just what works for me though!
  • sharonsgottaloseit
    Options
    Oh, my, I'll have to find the chocolate mint flavor! Didn't know they made that.