Best Ab, Arms, Butt, and Leg Exercises?

Options
Hello! I’m looking for any recommended exercises that’ll help me tone by upper body, lower body, abs, and butt? If anyone has any workouts they use that help or anything, it’d be awesome if you could share them with me! Thanks!! :)

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to "tone" youll need to cut away the overlying fat. Judging by your profile pic. It's not so much that the muscle is hidden, it's more so that you don't have enough total muscle for into fully appear defined.

For all those exercises

Glutes/Hamstrings
    -Low bar squats
    -glute bridges

Quads
    -front squats/high bar squats

Abs
    -hanging leg raises
    -Ab rollouts

Chest
    -bench press barbell/dumbbell
    -cable flys

Back
    -lat pulldowns
    V bar barbell rows

Shoulders
    -standing barbell overhead press
    -kettle bell lateral raises

Triceps
    -behind the head skull crushers
    -cable extensions

Biceps
    -seated dumbbell curls
    -standing barbell curls

Keep in mind. These are all my personal preferences and workouts that I feel the best contractions with and yield the best results for me.

There is no "best" exercise.

Now if you feel like you want to gain some muscle you will need to be following a structured professionally designed lifting program for your goals. Not something you throw together. Along with eating in a daily caloric surplus of around 250 calories to fuel growth without much subsequent fat gain.

If you're looking to become more defined. You will need to still follow a structured program while eating in a deficit of 250-500 calories a day. I would recommend trying the former first though.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish Posts: 831 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    On first glance at your small picture you have 3 unequal legs and one arm and I'm not sure what exercises would fit for your anatomy...fun small image first impressions :D

On a more serious note, what do you mean by "tone"?

Small screen gives a funny first impression of your photo, there is really nothing wrong with it otherwise, you look great, and in fact looks like you have no weight you need to lose and want to increase muscle mass maybe?
  • jessef593
    Options
    On first glance at your small picture you have 3 unequal legs and one arm and I'm not sure what exercises would fit for your anatomy...fun small image first impressions :D

On a more serious note, what do you mean by "tone"?

Does tone actually have a meaning? I'm pretty sure it's just used by fitness magazines
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I work out with light dumbbells (that are very slowly getting heavier). I started with 3s and 5s. At present, I'm anywhere from 5s to 20s.

Thighs and glutes: Front squats, side squats on a cardio step, forward lunges, bent leg-raises.
    Upper body: Seated lat rows on stability ball, pushups from knees, pushups from knees with a touch, chest press on stability ball, front and side shoulder raises, biceps 21s, biceps curls on stability ball, triceps kickbacks, triceps extensions on stability ball.
    Core: waist side crunches, bicycle crunches, dead bugs, deep abs ball transfers, planks with knee bends.

Like the poster above, these are my preference and what works for me. And I freely admit that there are some redundancies. Like deciding that I like biceps 21s with 15lb dumbbells (for now!), but because balance and coordination aren't so easy for me, I also do the biceps curls with one foot resting on the ball, and I'm currently doing two sets with 8lbs and one set with 10. With the lighter weights, the ball has less of a tendency to roll out from under me. And my body seems able to handle both without yelling at me after the workout. Generally, when I want to mix things up and try a new exercise for a muscle, I seem to have a hard time dropping the one I was doing up to now, especially since I start new exercises at lighter weights.

Also, my main goal is to preserve my existing muscle as I get down to a healthy weight. I may look into building or doing a recomp when I hit goal, but I'll worry about that then.

• chantalemarie
    chantalemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for specific programs to do Fitness Blender has tons of free workout videos. On their website you can filter by exactly what you are wanting to work out that day (upper body, lower body, abs, butt) and it will pull up workouts for you. You can also purchase a preplanned 4 week workout program from them for approx. $10. it's awesome, and it works.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m looking for any recommended exercises that’ll help me tone by upper body, lower body, abs, and butt? If anyone has any workouts they use that help or anything, it’d be awesome if you could share them with me! Thanks!! :)

To achieve this goal, all you need to do are the 4 basic compound lifts: DL, SQT, BP and OHP. Nothing else is necessary.

If you're looking for a, program, Starting Strength and Stronglifts makecuse of these basic lifts in a progressive 3 day/wk lifting program that many people here (including me) have used whike losing weighy and increase strength and muscle definition (which was revealed after sufficient weight & fat was lost
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like to do squats, bench press, OHP, deadlifts (alternate days of regular and sumo) rows or pullups, glute bridge, hip thrusts, and single leg lunge or squats. For accessories, I'll add biceps, triceps, deltoids, abd, and lunges or plyos.
  • Rhonnie501
    Rhonnie501 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI. i am super unfit. I have arthritis in knees (need replacements) and this has hindered my list of activities I can do without producing humongous pain that goes for days. Consequently, all of my muscles have disappeared and I am left with much flab everywhere particularly arms, upper legs, stomach.
  • jessef593
    Options
    Rhonnie501 wrote: »
    HI. i am super unfit. I have arthritis in knees (need replacements) and this has hindered my list of activities I can do without producing humongous pain that goes for days. Consequently, all of my muscles have disappeared and I am left with much flab everywhere particularly arms, upper legs, stomach.

Okay, and you're looking for?