Have you ever been catfished or catfished someone?

Options

Replies

• kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was catfished before catfishing was even a thing. In high school (over a decade ago now) a guy I had a massive crush on and had been flirting with asked for my number, and then "he" texted me later on that night. I found out it wasn't him the next day when I walked in to a chorus of laughing and my raunchy replies being read out loud for everyone to laugh at. :s
    Needless to say I've never trusted random texts from unknown numbers since.
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Riiigghhhtttt.dj63l3icnkh7.gif
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I am the biggest catfish that ever once lived.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm catfishing everyone, I'm not even a lizard

Or is that what you want us to think because you are a lizard catfishing us as a human catfishing us as a lizard?

i1dn80ysqsq8.gif
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I spent the summer in Montreal with a friend. I met a guy there, we hit it off, had a great summer together. But Montreal is 6+ hours away, so we said Good-Bye and left it there. A month or so goes by, he adds me to facebook. We start talking again. Hes supposed to be my way in a few months, he's inquiring if any sort of long distance type relationship could work. I was hesitant but figured I'd give it a shot. During the months that follow, we get to know one another very well. Its evident we care for one another, but he doesn't come, and he also will not talk to me on the phone. I'm annoyed at this point, not with him not coming because life happens but you can pick up the phone. Turns out I was talking with my friend the whole time. The one I went to visit. She made a fake account the whole shebang. I never spoke to anyone "online" again until I came here. And even now, I've only let few in. Overall I just have a hard time trusting people on the internet now.

Wow this is absolutely crazy! What was the point??
  • WhisperingNighthawk
    WhisperingNighthawk Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    No, they weren't really a catfish, but they weren't who they projected themselves to be either. Which in and of itself is just a bad.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    No. I don't trust most people anyhow, but on the flip side i'm not (that) mean to do that to someone.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have not, but my husband did before we ever met. He was talking to three different girls at the same time, gave them pictures of a different guy he knew. What's funny is eventually he told them the truth, and they all continued to want to talk to him.

Ah well, doesn't matter. He is all mine now. <3
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I'm catfishing everyone, I'm not even a lizard

Damn it. Now I am gonna have to rethink the lizard habitat I built for you in my basement.

Well lets not be too hasty there, is it warm?

Yes. Only the best for you.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    I have not, but my husband did before we ever met. He was talking to three different girls at the same time, gave them pictures of a different guy he knew. What's funny is eventually he told them the truth, and they all continued to want to talk to him.

That is interesting... Did your husband ever explain why he lied to them?
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I spent the summer in Montreal with a friend. I met a guy there, we hit it off, had a great summer together. But Montreal is 6+ hours away, so we said Good-Bye and left it there. A month or so goes by, he adds me to facebook. We start talking again. Hes supposed to be my way in a few months, he's inquiring if any sort of long distance type relationship could work. I was hesitant but figured I'd give it a shot. During the months that follow, we get to know one another very well. Its evident we care for one another, but he doesn't come, and he also will not talk to me on the phone. I'm annoyed at this point, not with him not coming because life happens but you can pick up the phone. Turns out I was talking with my friend the whole time. The one I went to visit. She made a fake account the whole shebang. I never spoke to anyone "online" again until I came here. And even now, I've only let few in. Overall I just have a hard time trusting people on the internet now.

Wow that's pretty fuckd up. Why did she even do it?! Are you two still friends anymore?
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

He has never had the best self esteem, and it was worse back when he did this. He told me he didn't feel comfortable showing them how he really looked because he thought they would quit talking to him. He is cutie patootie to me, though. lol
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    When I decided to do online dating, had a dude message me with a too perfect profile. Pictures of a couple perfect girls, and he was a "traveling business man" who spent a lot of time "travelling to Europe". And after one or two messages was "falling in love". I knew nothing about dating scammers, but this guy rang all of my BS alarms, after asking some personal questions and getting inconsistant answers I blocked him. It was a couple days after that I joined their forum that I learned he was a textbook scam, and how it worked.
    I was mad, but at the same time thought it was funny, because on paper I had all the hallmarks of low self esteem, easy victim, but in reality that's simply not the case.
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

He has never had the best self esteem, and it was worse back when he did this. He told me he didn't feel comfortable showing them how he really looked because he thought they would quit talking to him. He is cutie patootie to me, though. lol

Your husband is dark watch yourself ☝️
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Yea once, I wasn’t a dick about it I went through with the date but after that I ghosted

Not see why people do that ? If you plan to meet someone