Have you ever been catfished or catfished someone?

Options

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I have been catfished. . I play Words With Friends with my sister and every now and then I will get a random game request. That's not usual, I sometimes play a smart match with random people, but never really chat to them. But three times now I have had men claiming to be on deployment, who are supposedly doctors but have very bad grammar and spelling and I slaughter them at Words. They seem to be interested only in my captivating beauty (which is suspicious enough) and getting my number. When I declined then they resigned the game. Really, at least finish the game you started!! Or was the 250 point lead I had too much?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Seen plenty of catfish on here, theres one or two wondering around here right now.... but I've never been one or been caught by one, I don't think.
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Seen plenty of catfish on here, theres one or two wondering around her right now.... but I've never been one or been caught by one, I don't think.

I'm actually a 300lbs Caucasian man with 6% body fat that competes regularly. I just found this asian guy's pictures all over the internet and decided to fishcat (reverse catfish) as a social experiment. :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    YogiJear wrote: »
    Seen plenty of catfish on here, theres one or two wondering around her right now.... but I've never been one or been caught by one, I don't think.

I'm actually a 300lbs Caucasian man with 6% body fat that competes regularly. I just found this asian guy's pictures all over the internet and decided to fishcat (reverse catfish) as a social experiment. :D

Don't lie to me Mary.. I know who you are girly and thats 15% bf .. :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I only did this once and it was WAY before I knew what "catfishing" was, 1999 or 2000. I set up a fake account on some social site with a photo of a skinny, petite, professional-looking blonde woman in her late 20s, the opposite of my obese, tall, punk/goth brunette early 20s self.

I wanted to see how guys responded to her versus me. To my great surprise, the way guys responded to me was much better & much more interesting. "Her" conversations were extremely boring and she got a lot of attention from professional men in their 40s-50s. I did lead on a couple of them but not very far.

I don't think I've ever been catfished though. When I've met guys online (including both of my husbands, lol) I always met them face to face within about a week to avoid issues.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I have been catfished. . I play Words With Friends with my sister and every now and then I will get a random game request. That's not usual, I sometimes play a smart match with random people, but never really chat to them. But three times now I have had men claiming to be on deployment, who are supposedly doctors but have very bad grammar and spelling and I slaughter them at Words. They seem to be interested only in my captivating beauty (which is suspicious enough) and getting my number. When I declined then they resigned the game. Really, at least finish the game you started!! Or was the 250 point lead I had too much?

On Words with Friends!? That's just nutty :smiley:
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Everyone named Jenny is a catfish, so watch out fellas.

I knew it....
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    when I first joined MFP on 2012, I met few ladies with the same interest (cheese) lol we ended up forming a group, I think one of us might have been a catfish. she only have 2 photos of her both on facebook and mfp, she just disappeared but I'm not sure if she's actually legit. she looked like a Barbie and really gorgeous
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    when I first joined MFP on 2012, I met few ladies with the same interest (cheese) lol we ended up forming a group, I think one of us might have been a catfish. she only have 2 photos of her both on facebook and mfp, she just disappeared but I'm not sure if she's actually legit. she looked like a Barbie and really gorgeous

And do you think cheese was her / his end game befriended you to get her/his hands on your cheese .f9yfawh1ab9l.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I only did this once and it was WAY before I knew what "catfishing" was, 1999 or 2000. I set up a fake account on some social site with a photo of a skinny, petite, professional-looking blonde woman in her late 20s, the opposite of my obese, tall, punk/goth brunette early 20s self.

I wanted to see how guys responded to her versus me. To my great surprise, the way guys responded to me was much better & much more interesting. "Her" conversations were extremely boring and she got a lot of attention from professional men in their 40s-50s. I did lead on a couple of them but not very far.

I don't think I've ever been catfished though. When I've met guys online (including both of my husbands, lol) I always met them face to face within about a week to avoid issues.

Try that again today. I bet you would get a way different experience.
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

gve5xohc2pvh.gif
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Smilin40 wrote: »

And do you think cheese was her / his end game befriended you to get her/his hands on your cheese .f9yfawh1ab9l.gif

lmao I remember we made a song about cheese. i think it goes "sweet dreams are made of cheese, who am i to diss a brie" lol
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Where I hear 40s and 50s... probably married looking to talk to a 20 year old? Ya they are not concerned about great convo
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I love Catfish. My wife? Not so much. So, when I prepare fish for dinner, it's usually Halibut or Salmon. Or of course, sushi, if we feel like going out.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm catfishing everyone right now. I'm not near as cool or good-looking as the guy in the pics on my MFP page. I'm really just a lonely 27 year old guy, with extreme eczema, living in my parents' basement.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    123tacos wrote: »

Where I hear 40s and 50s... probably married looking to talk to a 20 year old? Ya they are not concerned about great convo

I think I had "her" at 28 or 29 and the photo looked like a newscaster, blond bob, very conservative, etc. I really think that had a lot to do with it. And of course I didn't know what someone like that would talk about, so I wasn't contributing much to the conversations with those men...actually most of them talked about looking for someone to have children with, they were single or divorced & ultraconservative. Perhaps some were married and looking to cheat with "her", I have no clue.

The guys who talked to the real me were my age, 20s.
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I’m far too self-conscious to believe attractive women want to talk to me, so I just ignore them. So, no, I’ve never been catfished
  • ridin599
    ridin599 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Deisler26 wrote: »
    I’m far too self-conscious to believe attractive women want to talk to me, so I just ignore them. So, no, I’ve never been catfished

Yep Same Here LOL