When you're cheating, what are you eating?

Options

Replies

• Fizzypopization
    Fizzypopization Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes and bourbon. Booze does me in, but I only drink like that like once or twice a month.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    When I go over calories, it pretty much can be anything depending on what I feel like eating. From roasted eggplant like yesterday to gummy bears like a few days ago, to hummus and falafel like many Fridays, to cakes and chips every now and then. I also have all of these foods when I'm not over calories.
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I dont cheat..I sometimes plan for higher calories days though...like yesterday where I had buffet and redwine. :)
  • bohofaith
    bohofaith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    PIZZA for sure. I wouldn't consider this "Cheating" though. I do only eat the amount that fits within my macros? I can eat an entire half of DIGIORNO Thin & Crispy pizza without going over :smiley: Nom nom nom!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    hikingatoz wrote: »
    I don't "cheat," I have an "open" relationship with food.

I wish I had an "open" relationship with food when I started my current lifestyle changes! Is going to an auce buffet considered an orgy? Lol
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Wine. It has to be wine. It's like "oh hey I can fit two glasses in my carb limit today" and then fast forward to "oops, there goes the bottle, wonder if MFP really has to know about that".
    Other than that, I would cheat with bread and pasta.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'll admit I never understood the cheat day with regards to diets for weightloss at least. Would much rather track all days and just eat more each day rather than starve myself 6 days a week to ensure I wouldn't overeat no matter how ravenous I got on a unlocked "cheat" day. I'd just fit whatever I wanted into my week so I didn't feel I was missing out...used activity to balance it out. Go for a backpack on the weekend then have a large dairy queen blizzard and a couple burgers....but I'd log them.

I probably had a day or two a week that if someone glanced at my diary they would think it was a cheat day heh.
  • victoriarunner3572
    victoriarunner3572 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MEXICAN....I f’d up tonight!!!!
  • foreversnafu
    foreversnafu Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Beer, definitely beer.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I don't call it cheating, but typically if I go over my daily/weekly calories it is because I had pizza or couldn't resist the chips & salsa at a Mexican restaurant.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I have days where I end up having an unplanned maintenance day, instead of the deficit I planned. These are usually caused by hubby-darlin' bringing home some kind of meat that is in higher calories than I can eat in the amounts I want to. I'm talking about you, country style spare ribs.

On one hand, it annoys me because it slows my progress. On the other, I know that I can sometimes indulge and still maintain.
  • fitmetalmom
    fitmetalmom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    wine, vodka and beer! :p
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I looooove baking so probably something I've whipped up that weekend! This weekend will be brownies. ;)
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Krispy kreams the whole box
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Apples and reduced fat peanut butter are a favorite snack of mine. Almonds are another good cheat snack. Also cheese. Dave's Killer Bread has become a favorite of mine as it's all organic whole grains and loaded with seeds. Very tasty! Also low fat Chewy granola bars are a good replacement for candy bars for me. Usually works like a charm, but every once in a while when I really need straight up chocolate, I go for a 70% dark chocolate bar. I treat myself to a nice meal out maybe two or three times a month (but important rule of thumb: never have more than one cheat meal in a single week!)
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I eat all the things I ate before losing weight, just in appropriate quantities that fit into my goals. This way I’m not “cheating” on anything or considering certain foods to be forbidden.

That only works if you have a good amount of maintenance calories. My maintenance calories are around 1400, just under that. The weeks I workout maintenance is closer to 1600. Still not enough if I want to have something like a takeout meal, or some other oily food, and a breakfast of oats or something. I would be well over.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'll generally just add back in the little things I miss or have been subbing with lower cal versions. Like full fat mayo in egg salad and a big old white roll, or I'll bake some cookies instead of having a couple graham crackers. Butter on white toast. Cheese and crackers. I've found that after a couple years of eating more in moderation, that the feasting I used to be able to do just doesn't leave me feeling good any more.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet and you shouldn't be either. You should be eating in a way that you can do it for the rest of your life. If I feel like 5 donuts I'm going to eat 6.

It's about doing things in a way that you won't ever fail.
  • kellynrwood
    kellynrwood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cheezits. Whenever I have a little bit to drink and I know I've busted my diet anyways, I always buy cheezits. I don't keep them in the house normally.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    jalapeno cheetos... ughhhh