New Year's Resolution

Options
I saw on tv last night that the most popular resolution for New Year's is to lose weight. That doesn't surprise me at all. Everybody seems to want to lose weight. The hardest part for me is getting up the motivation to work out and the willpower to resist foods that I shouldn't be eating as much as I do. I read this quote online the other day: "IT'S MORE STRESSFUL TO CONTINUE BEING FAT THAN TO STOP OVEREATING." That's so true. If I want to eat junk food and I resist, I feel good about myself. If I want to eat junk food when I'm not really "hungry" and I give in, I end up feeling lousy and kicking myself about it. I'm going to try to remember this quote when I want to eat out of boredom. Maybe it'll help me resist and I'll finally be able to reach my goal and stick to my New Year's resolution for once.

Replies

• sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »
    loreeb18 wrote: »
    I saw on tv last night that the most popular resolution for New Year's is to lose weight. That doesn't surprise me at all. Everybody seems to want to lose weight. The hardest part for me is getting up the motivation to work out and the willpower to resist foods that I shouldn't be eating as much as I do. I read this quote online the other day: "IT'S MORE STRESSFUL TO CONTINUE BEING FAT THAN TO STOP OVEREATING." That's so true. If I want to eat junk food and I resist, I feel good about myself. If I want to eat junk food when I'm not really "hungry" and I give in, I end up feeling lousy and kicking myself about it. I'm going to try to remember this quote when I want to eat out of boredom. Maybe it'll help me resist and I'll finally be able to reach my goal and stick to my New Year's resolution for once.

I started MFP on last New Year's eve. So far I am less than a pound away from the big 25 of loss mark.

This program works if you work it. I have already recommended it to friends also interested in a healthy weight loss plan. I truly believe this program is saving my life. I wish I had found it sooner.

What's your tips on losing weight? ☺
  • RecognitionT
    RecognitionT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think this may win the dead thread award of the year.
    11years old,
    Jan 1 2007 original post
    March 9 2018 first reply.

Cheers, h.

I was going to say if you're making new year resolutions, you're 3 months late. Try again next year.

Then you pointed that out.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    1houndgal wrote: »
    loreeb18 wrote: »

I started MFP on last New Year's eve. So far I am less than a pound away from the big 25 of loss mark.

This program works if you work it. I have already recommended it to friends also interested in a healthy weight loss plan. I truly believe this program is saving my life. I wish I had found it sooner.

What's your tips on losing weight? ☺

Read less dead threads, perhaps...