Bodyweight push/pull/legs split

Options
Anyone doing this?
How do you structure your program?

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Not too many different ways you can set it up.
    Vertical & horizontal push (HSPU variant, or dips & push up variant)
    Vertical & horizontal pull (pullups/chinups & bodyweight rows)
    Leg exercises of appropriate difficulty. (air squats, single leg squat variants, step ups, jumps, lunges)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason for not using weights?
  • blakemarshall
    blakemarshall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I live on a farm about 30 min drive from nearest gym. Young daughter. The wife wouldn't let me out 4 nights a week to use gym. We don't really have space for a home gym. See how far I can get with bodyweight.
    Been reading a bit about pros and cons of split routines vs full body. Thought I'd see if anyone had any advice on it for bodyweight training
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I live on a farm about 30 min drive from nearest gym. Young daughter. The wife wouldn't let me out 4 nights a week to use gym. We don't really have space for a home gym. See how far I can get with bodyweight.
    Been reading a bit about pros and cons of split routines vs full body. Thought I'd see if anyone had any advice on it for bodyweight training

I'd set it up as an upper/lower/full/rest repeat or upper/lower rest upper/lower. Depending on how many days a week you want to workout and can recover from. Also being that you are on a farm, definitely carry heavy things. That's going to translate well to both strength and conditioning
  • blakemarshall
    blakemarshall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks. I think I'll go to the two day split, but hadnt thought of the upper/lower