Newbie poster...been lurking for a week and half

Options
dksnj
dksnj Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone,

I started MFP on July 31 and am amazed that I have actually kept up with it this long. Usually, if I don't see results asap, it tend to give up.

I made a commitment to myself to log my food each day and I have. (Even the 1/2 piece of Twizzler :) )

Anyway, my goal is set to 1200 calories a day and I always seem to come in 100 - 200 calories under. So, I grab a few walnuts to make up the difference.

I'm currently eating a lot of the Fit and Active foods from Aldi, so that helps. In addition to trying not to eat for a least 3 hours before bed. Plus, I have a new 3 month old puppy, so lots of walking.

My goal is to get down to 130/135 lbs.

The board has been extremely helpful.

Dianne

9921257.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i lurked for a while also :) its fun reading all the posts!! good luck with your weight loss and friend me if you want some motivation!
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i am the same way. Friend me too.....I will be around a while...it seems to be working!!!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm in it for the long haul. Good luck and friend me if you want to!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Yup! This is a great place to be. We all have the same goal. I have been here for a while now and it really does work. Just stick to it! And great job on logging everything (even 1/2 a twizzler) LOL! You can friend me too if you'd like. Keep up the great work! Lisa
  • palsluoma
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site too, just joined on 8/8/11 ~ but it seems to be a much easier way to track my calories! I am doing a fun weightloss challenge w/some family and friends and last Friday I weighed in at my heaviest to date. I am 47 and all my children are still home and the youngest on his way to college in September. I hate exercise and find it hard to fit it in. I would have to get up even earlier than I already do...5AM!

I also, have a hard time sticking to anything for a long period of time. Maybe we can help each other stay motivated to stay! Please feel free to friend request me. I have no idea how to do that! lol
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Aldi's
    Good luck! This place is GREAT