WEN Conditioner Shampoo

Options
srussell1108
srussell1108 Posts: 20 Member
Has anyone used this and does it work like the info-mercial describes?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Bump-

The commercials sure are tempting :) and I'd like to use it on my kids hair while it's still perfect, if you know what I mean?
  • kportelli70
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing. ;) I almost bought it a couple weeks ago when I was watching the infomercial on it. I follow Alyssa on Twitter and I was tempted to tweet her and ask. LOL
  • coolstacey6
    coolstacey6 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought it off QVC. I tried ...really I did...but I gotta have LATHER. It is like putting lotion in your hair. I just couldn't do it:ohwell:
  • dunsu47
    dunsu47 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have used it faithfully for over a year... and I love it. I am a former stylist and I would have been using this on customers no doubt. I color my hair and I have noticed the color stays longer. My hair is shiny and even though it is fine and a little limp this does not weigh it down to leave some of the conditioner in. To be honest I use a little of it in my hair on days I do not cleanse. Now that all the build up gunk is off my hair the natural wave is coming back. It takes some getting use to as it does now suds up, but your hair is clean and in good shape. Gives some bounce which I need! Try it, and if you don't like it you can return it...also a well known shopping channel offers it.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    hmmm...I have been wondering about this too!! I might give it a try
  • wanitalilly
    Options
    I should start off by saying my hair is thin and long. I have curly hair under my ear line and wavy hair on top. I have purchased Wen and I did like it, HOWEVER, you have to use a TON of it if you have long hair and spend the time to comb it through your hair. My scalp got oily after awhile (couple weeks). Which is weird because I have a dry scalp. I have to admit though people did notice a difference! I found a generic version at a beauty supply store that was much less expensive! (actually worked better) Since then I have started purchasing "Biologic" at the beauty supply store "sally's" and it is the BEST conditioner I have ever used!
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    I have not tried wen but I've tried the generic at sallys's beauty supply. It worked well.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I lovvvve it. :)

I have lonnnng, almost to my butt, curly hair (err, well, it's more like wavy since the length is so long and it pulls my curls out). I was so happy that QVC had a gallon pump on easy-pay a couple months ago. I got the Cucumber Mint.

You DO have to use a decent amount of product.. And it IS pretty time consuming in the shower. But I don't have to wash my hair everyday, so it's not that big of a deal.

After you take care of your scalp, make sure you comb it all through, clip it up and let it sit on your hair for awhile (I take this time to shave my legs and wash my body).

I strongly recommend that you RINSE, RINSE, RINSE. When you think you're done rinsing.. Rinse for another minute. Water should be crystal clear. If you don't get all of the product out, it'll build-up and your hair will appear greasy and flat. When you're done, use some for a leave-in for the middle to the ends of your hair (NOT at the roots).

It makes my hair so soft and shiny. I will never go back to shampoo. Ever.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    bump
  • themusicalcat
    Options
    Been tempted to buy it, but are there other payment options? I want to have control over when I can order it, not have it automatically shipped/billed to me every couple months....
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I've used it on and for for about two years. I noticed a big difference when I use it. My hair is so soft and less frizzy. I used it no-stop before my wedding and my hair was in really good shape for my updo.

I agree -- you have to rinse well. I think that is one problem people probably don't do as thoroughly as suggested. I usually run the comb through so I can try and get as much towards the ends as possible. Even if I don't use it in the shower, I still use the styling gel and then the texture balm and voluminzing spray together to keep my hair moist after styling before heading out the door.

And I will say that the texture balm and volumizing spray I have had since day 1 are still not all used up!

It is expensive if you consider how much you spend on shampoo generally, but if you need some major hair help, try it. Wen's website has a nice introductory special. QVC also has it for a reduced price. I like QVC because they have different "sets" that you can get. Have you ever watched Chaz on QVC?
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've used it in the past. It's alright. It does make your hair shiny and soft, but you use so much of it at once that it gets really expensive. I have really thin/fine hair, so I have to wash my hair every day or else it gets oily and smelly. I found that after a few days of using Wen in a row my hair would feel too heavy and weighed down so I would have to wash with regular shampoo to clean it out.

I switched to Dove after one round of Wen and I like it a lot better. I also discovered that if I "wash" my hair with just conditioner every other day I get the same shiny and soft effect. It's not a bad product. Just not right for my hair. Like I said, my hair is really fine so it was too heavy for my preference, but I can see it being really great for dry, damaged, thick, or coarse hair.

I definitely recommend their other hair products though, especially the styling creme. It works just as well as mouse or gel but won't leave your hair crunchy or dry feeling. I hair gets a really good curl with a curling iron when I use it.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Reading all this really makes me want to try it more :)
  • srussell1108
    srussell1108 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback, I think I will give it a try and get some shiny, healthy hair. :smile:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Maybe I missed it, lol, but what was the name of the cheaper generic? :flowerforyou: I'd rather spend a little money than a lot of money...
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Maybe I missed it, lol, but what was the name of the cheaper generic? :flowerforyou: I'd rather spend a little money than a lot of money...

Hair one at sallys
  • wanitalilly
    Options
    I should start off by saying my hair is thin and long. I have curly hair under my ear line and wavy hair on top. I have purchased Wen and I did like it, HOWEVER, you have to use a TON of it if you have long hair and spend the time to comb it through your hair. My scalp got oily after awhile (couple weeks). Which is weird because I have a dry scalp. I have to admit though people did notice a difference! I found a generic version at a beauty supply store that was much less expensive! (actually worked better) Since then I have started purchasing "Biologic" at the beauty supply store "sally's" and it is the BEST conditioner I have ever used!

I posted thsi earlier and went home and realized the name of my conditioner now is is not "Biologic" its Bio something...Ugh brain fart! I';; get back on that...
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options

I posted thsi earlier and went home and realized the name of my conditioner now is is not "Biologic" its Bio something...Ugh brain fart! I';; get back on that...

Biolage?