New to keto! Need help and motivational friends!

Options
Hello everyone and Happy New Year! My name is Sarah, I'm 32 (33 in March), and need to lose about 80lbs! My parents started their keto journey back in June 2017 and have lost so much weight and have gotten off many medications so I figured why the hell not! I need a motivational keto buddy I can come to when I have cravings or just need some questions answered. Would also love to be someone's motivational/accountability buddy as well because I love helping others (just need to learn to take care of myself too).

A little about me I love being outdoors, but also love video games. The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Destiny, GTA, etc... I am a horror buff, especially anything with zombies

Replies

• MichaelaJ12
    MichaelaJ12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day one of my keto journey.. and still feel like I have no clue what I am doing.. but happy to join your tribe :) I don't enjoy nor have a lot of time to cook. So, I have hired a friend to help. However, we are still learning the process.. Any and all info, guidance, feedback is welcome.. I'm doing a more "liberal" keto to start and just going to see how it goes....
  • HappieZombie
    HappieZombie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Michaela I'm right there with ya on the enjoying and time to cook. I really want to try more crockpot recipes just for that reason. Just throw the stuff in and go!
  • NerdyGamerMom
    NerdyGamerMom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well met! I am an avid gamer. I love Skyrim, Mass Effect, Fallout, Dragon Age, and indie games. I started keto on December 4th! We can do it!
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Oh, hi
  • WorknPrgress
    WorknPrgress Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    just started on Keto too. Its day 5. Having fun figuring our MACROs! lawd help me...any helpfull resurces are appreciated
  • TheWerebitch
    TheWerebitch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Noey, and I'm 31 (32 in Sept), and I too am an AVID Elder Scrolls fan (and Bastion fan, and World of Warcraft fan, hardcore!)! ES for the win! I just restarted keto after the holidays, and man, it's tough, but so worth it!

I'm 5'6" and have 175lbs to lose. If you need someone to talk to, I'm happy to help, too! Hyggelig ø mote deg (I'm Norwegian lol) nice to meet you!
  • HappieZombie
    Options
    Yayyyy!!! I was hoping to find some gamers! Y'all rock!
  • HappieZombie
    Options
    Barfly57 wrote: »
    Oh, hi
    hello fellow zombie!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I was keto for a year, just transitioned to low carb a week ago.....love gta 5!
  • dontsitnexttome
    dontsitnexttome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my second keto round. I started in January this year and going strong. :smile: I have found an active forum in Discord (https://discord.gg/EQ5C8k4) and the support has been amazing there.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto