Stuck on The Scale For over a week now!

Options
I eat between 1400-1480 cals a day(that's what MFP gave me) And i feel like it's too much food sometimes!? before i was eating 1200 but was under eating with all the workouts and activity level in a day... I have it set on moderate cause at least 5 times a week i'm doing 30 plus minutes of treadmill / 100 jumping jacks/ squats/ i weight train 3 times a week for 30 minutes.. i do like 10-15 mins of AB workouts and i juggle 2 kids and being on the go almost everyday.... am i over eating!? or over "working out!? i don't have cheat meals... i stay under my cals every day and i only drink water and unsweetened tea and sometimes drink a 70cal can of light starbucks coffee... i'm 5"8 (162 Ibs) i'm 25 and like i said my active level is on moderate! should i lower it to lightly active!? or what!?? i wanna see the weight move down not stay still.. almost every morning eat oatmeal with a banana and a spoon of peanut butter.. eat all white meat lean meat , i could eat more veggies but i devour fruit all the time... i eat salads all the time.. what can i do to get the scale moving again!? i wanna get to 140 and be lean and toned as is why i weight train :) help!?

Replies

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    tv3mTVK.jpg
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    1 week isn't enough to gather any strong data. Do you weigh yourself everyday and then average it out at the end of the week? Have you compared your average weight of the last week vs the previous average weight weeks? I suspect no is the answer to both questions, so how do you know you haven't lost weight? Do you track and weigh your food?
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    yes weigh my meat... i don't weigh every single bite but i go by labels and serving sizes and what not

This could be the cause of a weight stall. Use a food scale and weigh all of your food accurately, then log it. Extra bites of food do add up in the long run.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to lose weight every week in a linear fashion...you will have weeks with no loss...weeks with bigger losses, weeks with smaller losses...weeks with gains, etc.
  • mslrtpnc
    mslrtpnc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Forget the weight - focus on how you feel and look. Are you seeing a difference? Also - don't believe the numbers if you register the calories you burn from exercise in this tool. The numbers are off and it's closer to 1/2. Another suggestion is to start looking at HiiT training to mix up your exercise. Cardio alone won't do it. HiiT has always worked best for me trying to break through plateaus.
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    1 week is not enough time to make a difference. I suggest stop weighing every day if you are going to get upset about the scale not moving down every couple of days. It will cause you to quit trying or cut back on your food to an unsustainable level. I can do everything right and lose nothing in two weeks then 3 lbs will drop off. Weight loss is not linear. It takes time and patience to lose real FAT. Only water weight comes off fast.
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yes i'm looking more lean , i believe i'm gaining muscle and filling in the room when i lose "fat" !? i get compliments all the time it's just i wanna look good to myself ya know!? i know your not suppose to go by the scale but when it stops and your doing everything right you just...wonder what you are doing wrong or what you could be doing ... should i drop the cals back down? to 1200? or would that be too low on fuel for WT!!?

literally in the same boat as you girl.. except I'm at a month now of the scale not going down.