I will hike the Pacific Crest Trail

Options
I am hiking 2000 miles this year 6 miles a day to lose 50 pounds so I can hike the PCT, AT, and CDT. I'm looking for other motivated hikers to share the journey with.

Replies

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am hiking 2000 miles this year 6 miles a day to lose 50 pounds so I can hike the PCT, AT, and CDT. I'm looking for other motivated hikers to share the journey with.

Nice to meet you! I've hiked all the trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I am slowly chipping away at the AT also. I've done it from about 18 miles south of the Smokies all the way through Hot Springs and about 10 miles north of there. I've also done the section across Roan Mtn and the Grayson Highlands areas. I plan on doing another section of the AT for about a week this summer if all things work out, so my goal when I started was to lose my pack weight in body weight. I'm down 18 since the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but my loaded pack including water is usually closer to 30 lbs. This is so much fun and feels so good that I will lower my goal and not stop at 30 lbs. :smiley: Friend me if you'd like.

[post edited by mods]
  • applianceemt
    applianceemt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, Nice to meet you. I hit mile 200 this year today. Down 9 pounds. 48 to go. That is what my pack used to weigh but 35 pounds is more of my normal now. I don't know if I did the friend request correctly. I plan on hiking through the wind rivers this year. That section of the CDT. This weather has been crazy. Usually February is all snowshoes in northern utah where I live.
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Love supporting others
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi! We hike the Sierra Nevada mostly, but also the California coast and some European trekking.
    Same with the weather out here: 10° above normal and almost no snow.
    Sending a FR.
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

My goal is to step into my 40's (Sept 9th '19) at the Northern Terminus via the PCT. I'll be headed out (April '19).
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    katphi1618 wrote: »

My goal is to step into my 40's (Sept 9th '19) at the Northern Terminus via the PCT. I'll be headed out (April '19).

Wow, what a great goal!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Nice!