Shocked at this sudden weight loss, but ecstatic!

Options
sibeluver03
sibeluver03 Posts: 58 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been a faithful MFP user for one year now. I measure and weigh my food and log everything the best I can. I have had many slip-ups, some of which I have vented about here! It happens, right? I am currently doing Insanity and just finished up the first month. I follow a low carb diet and also keep my calories under 1400-1500 per day. I have been at a standstill with my weight for several months. Lots of up and down fluctuation, which I mostly blamed on those weak moments with food. But I was overall happy with the number still, as I have definitely been seeing changes in my body as far as inches lost and my clothes fitting better. So what is the point of my post here? I am thrilled, yet shocked that this week I have suddenly lost approximately 5-6 pounds. The only change I have made is that I started sticking more to 1400 calories per day rather than 1500. My work outs may have become more intense as I became more familiar with the videos and have been able to more properly follow along. Since I've been on my weight loss journey for one year and have seen a, what seems to be, 68 pound loss, I know the loss can come in spurts like this. But I just wouldn't have expected it to be so sudden and so much, especially since I really don't have that much more weight to loose. In fact, I'm extremely happy and honestly don't think I need to take off any more pounds now. Who knows what month 2 of Insanity will bring, but for now I am super happy and shocked and just confused. lol!! Here are my BMI print outs. I know these machines aren't always the most accurate but this is the scale I have been faithfully weighing on- and yes, it's always the same time of day/week with the same clothes.

Edited to add: the stand still in my weight loss was that I have been "stuck" at 149-151ish pounds since December. I didn't do a BMI print out that month.

wepl2hq3t0mx.jpg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    The whoosh!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Op, do you have any before or after pictures? I would love to see what 32% vs 21 % body fat looks like. We are similar height and weight. I am 161 pound's now and 5.5
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • heavenjones7036
    heavenjones7036 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good job :smile:
  • giogiopolly1
    giogiopolly1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow congrats!!! now you stick to 1400, but before? always 1500? and what is Insanity?
  • Mayo1961
    Mayo1961 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job, very inspiring!
  • sibeluver03
    Options
    wow congrats!!! now you stick to 1400, but before? always 1500? and what is Insanity?

I think I started out at 1600. Then about 6 months in dropped to 1500, now 1400. I am a low carber too though. So I do no breads, no pasta etc. Insanity is a home work out video, it's very intense full body cardio. No equipment except your own body!
  • Mugs203
    Mugs203 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Do you attribute it to the low carbs?
  • sibeluver03
    Options
    I think the low carb and calorie counting go hand in hand, but I tried to switch over to weight watchers a couple months ago. I was stalled with my weight loss on low carb and was getting bored with it. I continued counting calories in addition to the WW point system. I slowly started putting a few pounds back on. That is definitely to be expected, as WW allows breads, pastas and fruits. It frightened me though, as I didn't want to put too much weight back on. So I switched back to low carb and the pounds immediately came back off. So even though calorie counting is a must *for me* with both ways of eating, low carb is definitely the winner. And now I've found new recipes and have discovered how much I love fresh veggies, so it isn't boring for me anymore. I am 30 years old and have always been convinced that veggies were gross. Turns out I love steamed broccoli and squash and just about everything else. I have missed out on so much thinking I didnt' like veggies when I never really gave them a chance. Habits are hard to break lol.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Now with the rest of your life.....are you going to stay a low to no carber and an insanity mover? What you start you pretty much have to stick with.....what's the plan for your tomorrows?
    PS...your hard work is obvious..CONGRATS!!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Commitment does pay off! Great job!
  • sibeluver03
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Now with the rest of your life.....are you going to stay a low to no carber and an insanity mover? What you start you pretty much have to stick with.....what's the plan for your tomorrows?
    PS...your hard work is obvious..CONGRATS!!

People who low carb call it a way of eating or a way of life. We know it's for life, it isn't a diet. I think the amount of carbs in my food will always be a conscious choice for me. Will I always be so strict? I shouldn't have to be. Low carb works the same as counting calories. Once goal is reached, carbs are slowly added back in until one finds the magic number for maintenance. As far as insanity goes, maybe I'll do Beachbody workouts until I'm 80? Who knows? I'll do what catches my interest. I love running, so now the warmer months are here, maybe I'll start running again.

• StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Op, do you have any before or after pictures? I would love to see what 32% vs 21 % body fat looks like. We are similar height and weight. I am 161 pound's now and 5.5

Sure! The bmi taken in august was 5 months into my journey. I started in March 2017 and was so ashamed of myself, so I did not do the bmi. My starting weight was 213lbs. Which is what these before photos reflect.

xnqa21eu4x2b.jpg

Wow, you look great! Awesome Job!