Incline runs & muscle building

Options
If a person were to do sprints of 7 mph at incline 15% for one minute every 3 minutes (30 minutes total), would it be safe to say that over time they’d eventually have great muscle activation?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    "Eventually" being the key word here...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Odin01 wrote: »
    If a person were to do sprints of 7 mph at incline 15% for one minute every 3 minutes (30 minutes total), would it be safe to say that over time they’d eventually have great muscle activation?

You'd gain muscle effeciency...
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Good point.

What came first? The chicken or the egg?

Is someone mesomorphic because they do sprints or are they good at sprints because they are mesomorphic.

Has there ever been a skinny high level sprinter? Yes. Carl Lewis.

Likewise for high level ectomorphic marathoners. Has their ever been a high level fat marathoner? Doubtful.

Carl Lewis...

m67qgi8rd3y6.jpg
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    Good point.

Is someone mesomorphic because they do sprints or are they good at sprints because they are mesomorphic.

Likewise for high level ectomorphic marathoners. Has their ever been a high level fat marathoner? Doubtful.

Carl Lewis...

m67qgi8rd3y6.jpg

um, pretty sure he was also proven to have done steroids??
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good point.

Carl Lewis...

I'm sure there are genetic components (of course). And I agree with you that sprinting helps you sprint better. The sprinter in the photo is strong in his entire body - that's what jumped out to me. He looks lean, but with a good amount of muscle mass. No way he looks that way though without strength training of some kind - even if it's body weight (and of course the mass would come from eating enough to have it).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Good point.

Carl Lewis...

I'm sure there are genetic components (of course). And I agree with you that sprinting helps you sprint better. The sprinter in the photo is strong in his entire body - that's what jumped out to me. He looks lean, but with a good amount of muscle mass. No way he looks that way though without strength training of some kind - even if it's body weight (and of course the mass would come from eating enough to have it).

You are right. All of these guys have routines both on the track and off the track to maximize their abilities. Hell, even pro-golfers are lifting to help support their game.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    edit
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Good point.

Carl Lewis...

You are right. All of these guys have routines both on the track and off the track to maximize their abilities. Hell, even pro-golfers are lifting to help support their game.

So are curlers these days. *kitten*, some are even doping :D