Pulled over by a cop

Options
13»

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Yes, due to my brake light being out. Was issued a citation and had to have it fixed within 30 days.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Speeding (to get around a semi on the highway), and then once when I was backing out of my driveway I didn't see them and almost hit them! I nearly burst into tears but they were okay about it and didn't give me a ticket.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Speeding once and an expired registration the other time. Didn't get a ticket for speeding but did for the registration.
  • Jonesuna64
    Jonesuna64 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    In Korea for using the "Bus Only" lane, it is sort of like an HOV lane in the US. I saw the Korean markings for "Bus Only" but played the Dumb American card...he let me go , BTW it is a $500 fine :)
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    3 times pulled over.. Never a ticket. 2 Warnings.

Speeding on highway. I was 18, he let me off with a warning.
    Speeding in school zone. (Could not find my current insurance card either) Let me off with a warning because where I turned out of the neighborhood you can't tell the school zone lights are flashing.
    Did not make a long enough complete stop in a neighborhood. I was not supposed to get out of this one, Captain was tired of complaints, but I name dropped my SIL who is a Lieutenant. :)
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Other then random inspections when entering/leaving military reservations, have not been pulled over in 25 years.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Recently for failing to come to complete stop at a stop sign. Warning given, but then cop asked where I worked and a contact number. Anyone had this done before or a reason for asking this information? I thought it was weird.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    elizarizo wrote: »
    Driving in the left lane to long and my license plate light being out

you actually got pulled for driving in the left lane too long,was it an HOV or something?! Well thank god lol I didn't actually think they did this but can't tell you how many times I wish they would have! No offense to you, but I'm really happy to know they pull people for that.
  • romeandrylan
    romeandrylan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    No reg, warrant, seat belts and driving with passengers. This happened at the same check point. Nice lady cop though. She gave me a warning and made my passengers walk lol I had to smooth talk my way out of that situation. I think it was more to do with my birthday being on the same day as hers and both exactly the same age that saved my butt haha
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Recently for failing to come to complete stop at a stop sign. Warning given, but then cop asked where I worked and a contact number. Anyone had this done before or a reason for asking this information? I thought it was weird.

That's bizarre. I'd suspect you wouldn't have to legally tell them this. I'm related to a cop and live with a lawyer. One cringes when sold stories like this...one is like wherever
  • Jenna2315
    Jenna2315 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I got pulled over the day I got my license for not having my lights on...lol most embarrassing thing ever!