advice please

how do you guys get back on track after eating badly. I lost 30 lbs and do not want to gain it back.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don't go "off track" in the first place. I have a diet and "exercise" routine that I'm more than happy with, that is easy to stick to.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    There's really no getting back on track. It's too much pressure. Just start doing the things you need to do again.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,730 Member
    Don't worry about what you did yesterday, just focus on today. Every day is a new start. Every meal is a chance to eat right. One day at a time really works.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    I guess my biggest advice is don't let a "screw up" ruin the rest of your day, don't wait until tomorrow to jump back on the wagon, do it the minute you realized you "messed up".
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    I just remember that tomorrow is a new day, and I don't let the day before bring me down.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Just forget about the past and focus and what you need to do to "get back on track" Start "fresh" and give it your all.
  • speaktothequeen1
    speaktothequeen1 Posts: 4 Member
    Forgive yourself and move on. One bad day or even a bad week does not negate what a big accomplishment losing 30 pounds is. Congratulations! (That just happens to be my weight loss goal.) If you have not met your goal yet, just get back to it. If you only screw up once in a while, it's not a big deal. It is what you do most of the time that is important. Think about how far you have come. If you are anything like me you were probably eating too many calories and too much fat and carbs every single day. If you HAVE met your weight goal, step back and figure out how much you can eat and how much to exercise to maintain your weight loss. Lots of people have a built in cheat day or a weekly cheat meal. Maybe you can have a small dessert twice a week, or go out for pizza and a beer every 10 days. In the meantime, if you are really worried about having eaten badly, look at the amount of calories you went over, whether it is 1000 or 3000, and add a few minutes a day of exercise until you have burned that amount off.

It is also a great opportunity for learning and growth. Did something specific trigger eating badly? Is it something you can avoid in the future or is there another way to deal with it?
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    If I have a bad day or a few bad days and find it difficult to get back on track I pre-log my food for a few days instead of logging as i'm eating and commit to only eating what I have pre-logged. For me it takes the thought process out of it.
  • tamiarob
    tamiarob Posts: 12 Member
    I don't go "off track" in the first place. I have a diet and "exercise" routine that I'm more than happy with, that is easy to stick to.
    Forgive yourself and move on. One bad day or even a bad week does not negate what a big accomplishment losing 30 pounds is. Congratulations! (That just happens to be my weight loss goal.) If you have not met your goal yet, just get back to it. If you only screw up once in a while, it's not a big deal. It is what you do most of the time that is important. Think about how far you have come. If you are anything like me you were probably eating too many calories and too much fat and carbs every single day. If you HAVE met your weight goal, step back and figure out how much you can eat and how much to exercise to maintain your weight loss. Lots of people have a built in cheat day or a weekly cheat meal. Maybe you can have a small dessert twice a week, or go out for pizza and a beer every 10 days. In the meantime, if you are really worried about having eaten badly, look at the amount of calories you went over, whether it is 1000 or 3000, and add a few minutes a day of exercise until you have burned that amount off.

It is also a great opportunity for learning and growth. Did something specific trigger eating badly? Is it something you can avoid in the future or is there another way to deal with it?

I had a stupid break up