Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The SCALE

When is it good to weigh yourself? And when you weigh yourself do you weigh yourself naked or with clothes?

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Decide on how often you want to weigh yourself (daily, weekly, monthly) and pick a consistent time.

Most here will recommend first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking. It just removes one variable from the routine.

If you weigh daily, use a trending app. Happy Scale for iOs, Libra for Android or trendweight.com for web. (There is another web site, but I forget the name).

Understand that your weight will go up and down, sometimes for no apparent reason. The trend over time is the important part.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    The frequency is the frequency that gives you the data you need to evaluate your success while fitting your emotional/mental needs. Some people find it works best to weigh daily. Others find this doesn't work well for them and they choose to weigh weekly or even less often.

I weigh myself without clothes to remove that variable. But I don't think it matters that much as long as you're consistent with your approach.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Yes, weigh naked.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    I weigh myself every morning after using the toilet. I wear my jogging bottoms, a long t-shirt, and my dressing gown. I do this every morning, exactly the same way. I have a drink after I’ve weighed and not before. :smile: