The SCALE

Options
When is it good to weigh yourself? And when you weigh yourself do you weigh yourself naked or with clothes?

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Decide on how often you want to weigh yourself (daily, weekly, monthly) and pick a consistent time.

Most here will recommend first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking. It just removes one variable from the routine.

If you weigh daily, use a trending app. Happy Scale for iOs, Libra for Android or trendweight.com for web. (There is another web site, but I forget the name).

Understand that your weight will go up and down, sometimes for no apparent reason. The trend over time is the important part.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The frequency is the frequency that gives you the data you need to evaluate your success while fitting your emotional/mental needs. Some people find it works best to weigh daily. Others find this doesn't work well for them and they choose to weigh weekly or even less often.

I weigh myself without clothes to remove that variable. But I don't think it matters that much as long as you're consistent with your approach.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Yes, weigh naked.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after using the toilet. I wear my jogging bottoms, a long t-shirt, and my dressing gown. I do this every morning, exactly the same way. I have a drink after I’ve weighed and not before. :smile: