How long does it take to notice a change in your body due to weight loss

Options
Im slowly losing weight, 4 weeks ago i was 154lbs, atm im currently 150.4lbs (im due to weigh tomorow hoping for a loss)
Just wondering when do people normally start to notice a change in their body when losing weight? I know everyones different with their shape/size but what is an estimated guess? I know im not gona notice a change quick im just curious.

Any info would be grateful, thank u :)

Replies

• sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ok thank u for letting me no
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It honestly depends. I started at 208 lbs and didn't notice a change until I was down 25 or 30 pounds. I've been losing really slowly from all over, so the change has been pretty gradual. As for other people, it's hard to say because a lot of people who see you regularly won't notice, or if they do, won't say anything. I've been losing for over a year now and just a couple of weeks ago had the first person at work comment on it 40-45 pounds later. I work with a guy who lost about the same amount over about the same time frame, and I honestly didn't notice until I heard someone else say something about it. Then again, I visited my in-laws in early December and they definitely noticed the change. So yeah, it depends.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Ok thank u, great to hear u have lost alot of weight
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Ok thank u, great to hear u have lost alot of weight

Thanks! It sounds like I've been losing about the same rate you are, maybe 3-5 pounds a month. It's easy to get impatient, but the time is going to pass anyhow, and the pounds do add up.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Well its better to lose weight slowly so ive heard, so its working out to b weight loss of 1lb a week ive got about a stone to go to target weight, hopefully willc a change soon
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did you take measurements? You may see changes there first. :smile:
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    I did but only last week so will have to give it few more weeks
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 and still don't really see a change although others have
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Take progress photos! I started out at 195 (I'm 5'1"). I didn't really notice much until I was closer to 160. Then after another 20 pounds it was a big difference. Based on past experience losing weight, every 10 pounds after that is a massive difference as I get closer to goal. It may not feel like much or look like it in the mirror, but progress photos will definitely show you otherwise.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ur journeys and well do e to both on ur weight loss :)
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The first place that you’ll notice is from your face. You’ll look different and people will notice
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Im slowly losing weight, 4 weeks ago i was 154lbs, atm im currently 150.4lbs (im due to weigh tomorow hoping for a loss)
    Just wondering when do people normally start to notice a change in their body when losing weight? I know everyones different with their shape/size but what is an estimated guess? I know im not gona notice a change quick im just curious.

Any info would be grateful, thank u :)
    Your starting weight was exactly the same as mine. I'm down 18 pounds now but I didn't notice my body changing until I lost around 10lbs. I was frustrated because the scale was telling me I had lost but my body felt the same. I fit into a size 10 now and you can really tell the difference on my face. It really was a revelation when I could feel the difference on my body. Patience is needed and it's totally worth it.

What's your goal weight? The less you have to lose I think the longer it will take to notice/feel your body changing. It's great when other people notice too.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Oh wow thats amazing, my goal weight is 140lbs anythin less would be great but trying to focus on that goal first, ive got about 10lbs to loose :)
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Friends report others notice at 20 lb loss. Don't know when THEY noticed being thinner.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I noticing between 5 and 10 pounds.
    Others after 15 pounds.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 15 lbs to just notice a change in my face. Nothing seems different with my body as of yet unfortunately..
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Take pictures. They really help when you're having a bad day!
  • Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    3-6 months if losing slowly and it will probarly be someone mentioning it rather than recognising it yourself untill buy smaller sizes.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    5 lbs for me.