Gained 4 pounds overnight!?!?? :-(

Options
So I stepped on the scale this morning and it said i weigh 166.4 .. for about the past week i was weighing 161-162 !? what am i doing wrong!? also feel more bloated and not as hungry! .. only thing i did different was I ate a fresh fit under 400 cals 6" Sub from subway cause i was CRAVING it and i normally don't eat bread... but it was a 6" whole wheat black forest ham sub with veggies and i tiny bit of light vinagrette dressing... could eating the subbe the reason of this crazy weight gain'
!? and what can i do to get back down quick!? still barely hitting my 1480 cals that MFP estimated me to eat.... a bit discouraged, but not giving up!!!

Replies

• CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    My weight has gone up by 10 pounds within a week. For me, it's overeating and too much sodium.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations are normal, that sub probably was high in sodium ...it'll be gone in a few days, don't sweat the small stuff as fluctuations are par for the course for all of us.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I experienced the same thing. It disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. These things happen. Just remember, it is actually impossible to gain that much "fat" overnight, so it is going to be fluid.
  • judefit18
    judefit18 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It happens! It's totally frustrating, but your body will correct over the long haul. Stay with what's been working and don't worry about a week fluctuation, it can be water weight or it can also be hormonal...
  • Toshberry25M
    Toshberry25M Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yep that's me lol
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Probably excess sodium. Every time I have a weekend of partying or eating out, the scale jumps quite a bit on Monday morning but usually settles back to where it was originally by Wednesday. That's why it's important to remain consistent with your eating habits.