Beginning Keto

Options
Hi all, I’m Kirsten and I am starting my Keto journey as of today and started the gym last week. Any pointers, advice, etc. I am all ears!

Replies

• MikeJakusz94
    MikeJakusz94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my keto diet soon! As soon as I first finish all my carbs lol, good luck! I'm gonna look at this journey as a new life style and not a diet
  • seanpsills2
    seanpsills2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto. Maybe we can all share ideas.
  • dianaazp
    dianaazp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started my Keto journey 3 days ago!!!!
    I’m 34 with 40-50lbs to lose what are your goals?
  • PennyUB13
    PennyUB13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Diana. My first goal is to achieve a 50-pound loss. I am at 31.2 pounds so far. Once I achieve this first goal I will set another one. I don't look at it as an end goal, I look at it as personal growth. I am learning how to eat and get healthy again after far too many years of overindulgence.
  • KaitlynPeri
    KaitlynPeri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I did Keto for about 6 months before getting pregnant and am back to this WOE to lose this baby weight and the weight I still had from before.

I have an open food diary and keep my macros at 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. I would recommend Keto in 28 by Michelle Hogan if you want an easy start and if you listen to podcasts I love 2ketodudes, they really delve into the science and have an online forum.

Best of luck, Keto isn’t easy and you’ll usually be the odd one out at social gathering involving food. But with practice and preparation it’s doable. I even make pizza
  • heatherdonovan3
    heatherdonovan3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 4th week. Feel free to add me. I need keto buddies. My journal is open to friends
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto