Keto buddy

Options
Hi my name is Rachael and have heard a lot of good news about KetoDiet and I started few weeks ago but stopped(no motivation) but am I ready to start again I only need a little push. I need help!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A healthy diet (including weightloss diets) is varied and balanced. There's an infinite amount of possible ways to combine food into healthy diets, keto is just any extremely low carb and high fat diet. It can be a good type of diet for you if you enjoy that way of eating. Motivation is just what you want.
  • RLRRGJ
    RLRRGJ Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi Rachael,
    I have eaten healthy all of my adult life but as I have aged (55 now) i found I didn't process foods as I did when I was younger. Keto has been the ONLY way of eating that stopped my weight gain and swelling. I am down 26 lbs since the end of Oct. i eat healthy fats, veggies, cheeses, berries and feel the best I have in years! Best of luck to you!
  • darcy08008
    darcy08008 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Just starting out too. Still getting the hang of planning the correct meal %!!
  • Dirkus
    Dirkus Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You are welcome to join me. I'm on a Keto diet as well. I have been going for a couple of weeks now and have managed to keep my carbohydrate intake below 75 grams per day. I have started to do all of the cooking for dinner for my family so I know that I have options that fit my goals. So far they seem to be willing to eat what I cook without a problem. On the weekends when I cook eggs, they do add toast that I skip.

I have also adopted Intermittent Fasting (IF) as well. I skip breakfast and just eat two meals a day.

Other than the occasional carb craving when I am stressed or bored, it hasn't been too hard.

Not for everyone, but it is working for me.
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It is working for me. A little over 4 months ago I was put on LCHF by my doctor due to showing insulin resistance. I have had good weight loss (21.4kg), improved blood markers and I have not found it hard to stick to, as despite what many people think there are still many food options which allows for variety in your diet. My carb intake is very restricted at <20g a day.
  • harleygirl3690
    harleygirl3690 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been on low carb for a little over 2 weeks now and dropped 7 pounds. No more stomach cramps and acid reflux. I have been 4 years gluten free which helped but couldn't loose a pound! I also keep my carb intake 20 g a day.
  • KaitlynPeri
    KaitlynPeri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Ketoland! I’m back to this WOE way of eating after having a baby. I’ve had success before, losing almost 50lbs in 4 months. I started with a book called Keto in 28 by Michelle Hogan. I’d also recommend the 2ketodudes if you listen to podcasts and the Ketogenicforum.com and ruledme.com websites. Happy to help however I can :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto