Double Belly anyone?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Mine went from truly horrific to mildly unappealing. I've also said the top part went from truck tire to bicycle tire size. I started at 307 lb and haven't been lower than 160s (currently around 170 for several years) but I seriously think I'd still have the "B belly" shape even if I was at 140 or so. I've had it my entire life, since age 8 and maybe younger.

I think for some people if they were always thin, gained a lot of weight and then lost it, it might be more likely for that to totally diminish. Not sure.

I agree with the shape of skater dresses, higher waisted jeans, etc, being very flattering. I also find that at my current size it is best for me to wear tops that come right below the waist and/or top of hip, for my belly area it seems tunics leave too much to the imagination and are the opposite of flattering. I have very wide hips & the B isn't too noticeable unless a top or dress is skintight - so it's pretty balanced IN clothing but you will never catch me in a two piece swimsuit.
  • Freyhb
    Freyhb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Omg...it sounds like you're describing my situation. I've not lost a lot of weight yet so not sure how that's going to turn out but hoping against hope that it disappears.
  • PorfforBat
    PorfforBat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the double belly too. I managed to lose top belly completely in the past but never got Low enough to lose my bottom belly / apron belly as its called sometimes. That would happen if I had continued.

You're not alone and depending on your age and skin elasticity depends if it'll be baggy skin or not.

I'm at the start of trying to lose again.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    PorfforBat wrote: »
    I have the double belly too. I managed to lose top belly completely in the past but never got Low enough to lose my bottom belly / apron belly as its called sometimes. That would happen if I had continued.

I think I'm just the opposite. I don't really have the bottom part of the B anymore, pretty flat, but I do have the top.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I had that shape before losing weight. I have it after losing weight, but it’s less pronounced. Unfortunately you can’t control where your body stores fat or where it burns the fat from.

Does anyone other than you notice at this point? I have saddle bags when I’m heavier and still hippy lean, but no one else really sees it.

Yes, if I find someone who will tell me honestly :).
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I had that shape before losing weight. I have it after losing weight, but it’s less pronounced. Unfortunately you can’t control where your body stores fat or where it burns the fat from.

Does anyone other than you notice at this point? I have saddle bags when I’m heavier and still hippy lean, but no one else really sees it.

Yes, if I find someone who will tell me honestly :).

That's fair. I will say that MFP is the first place I learned all the names for "problems" with people's bodies - hip dips, B belly, everyone has something.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I have the B belly. Bottom is ok but with thin loose skin. The top is a thicker layer of fat and loose skin which folds over my belly button and is kinda divided up the middle (imagine a cleft lip) by a hernia surgery scar. Fat loss will help with the thickness, but the surgeon who fixed the hernia said only a navel revision and tummy tuck will fix the rest. Oh well. I can get away with high waisted workout clothes and bikinis, and I wear mid rise jeans with loose shirts. Only weird thing is I can feel the scar tissue and permanent stitches from the surgery when I do core work.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I have this still. But it is sooooo much better than it was 50lbs ago.

The lower bit has gotten smaller and better than the top bit. Hopefully it will all keep going as I do :)

I wear jeans and trousers mainly that sit in the belly button crease of the B. But I hate clingy clothes so rarely have the bulges visible. Tops cover them :)

It does go away.
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have always had that, even when I was a thin teenager. It was way worse for me when I was preggo because I didn't have a cute bump, only a lumpy bulge until I was around 8 months. It's definitely a ton better now that I've lost about 25lbs. With 40 left to go I'm sure I'll hardly even notice it.
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mine went from truly horrific to mildly unappealing. I've also said the top part went from truck tire to bicycle tire size. I started at 307 lb and haven't been lower than 160s (currently around 170 for several years) but I seriously think I'd still have the "B belly" shape even if I was at 140 or so. I've had it my entire life, since age 8 and maybe younger.

I think for some people if they were always thin, gained a lot of weight and then lost it, it might be more likely for that to totally diminish. Not sure.

I agree with the shape of skater dresses, higher waisted jeans, etc, being very flattering. I also find that at my current size it is best for me to wear tops that come right below the waist and/or top of hip, for my belly area it seems tunics leave too much to the imagination and are the opposite of flattering. I have very wide hips & the B isn't too noticeable unless a top or dress is skintight - so it's pretty balanced IN clothing but you will never catch me in a two piece swimsuit.

WOW!! 307 to 170! That is amazing, congrats!! My goal weight is between 140-160...but have a good 50-70 to go!

Well, I am ok with some of it still being there, I mean, I can't expect to have a flat tummy now when I have never had one before...and I already have a lot of stretch marks, so probably wont be doing a 2-piece either...but am glad to know that it does become less noticeable... my problem is also that currently, my belly is bigger than my hips, so I am oddly shaped lol

If I am facing forward, it looks like I have a donut in front for a belly, towards the bottom of my belly, you can see where my hips kind of dip in, as well as on top by my waist, then sideways you can see the double belly... I can't explain it(and I dont have any pictures)!
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    Freyhb wrote: »
    Omg...it sounds like you're describing my situation. I've not lost a lot of weight yet so not sure how that's going to turn out but hoping against hope that it disappears.

Good luck!! :)
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    It's due to high body fat and poor posture.

Before, During, and After (around 2014)
    LS4umkh.jpg

At my heighest weight i was still not "fat" and i just couldn't understand why i had this pink line above my stomach and anytime i sat down it looked like this:
    image_zpsg3wszdoj.jpeg

I was in the healthy BMI range, i looked good in clothes, etc. etc. etc.

It took me losing an additional 15 pounds from my initial goal weight to fix this problem. Sorry if it's hard to see in my first photos but there was always a pronounced red line.

So can it be removed? Yes! You just need to lose more fat than you probably think.

My stomach as of last year (i'm focusing on growing my delts right now so bear with the higher bodyfat):
    tKT7czf.jpg

Seem, the line you see above your belly in the before picture (white bra)...I have that, but it actually runs right across my belly button and it's deep! I'd be fine if it looked like yours, even at your "worse"... maybe the way I explain it isnt...correct?
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    So, I am adding some pictures (taken in my work bathroom, shhhhh!!!) for reference! 90dmj8deqd1m.jpg
    s62b0v4ee7py.jpg
    dezg1ulct0ci.jpg
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I've learned a thing! I have B Belly too, and always have had. I didn't know it was a "thing".
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    I've learned a thing! I have B Belly too, and always have had. I didn't know it was a "thing".

I didnt either, but you learn something new every day! lol

I just want to hear the success stories! :)
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I just want to hear the success stories! :)

well, at my worst I looked like a sack of flour with a rope tied around the middle. Now its barely noticeable unless I wear something too tight. Another few pounds and even I might be happy with it.

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I have this and I'm 5'6 140lbs...
    It's just wear I carry my weight it gets smaller the more weight I lose.
    But I also to wear higher waisted pants or baggy shirts.
  • seltzermint555
    Options

WOW!! 307 to 170! That is amazing, congrats!! My goal weight is between 140-160...but have a good 50-70 to go!

Well, I am ok with some of it still being there, I mean, I can't expect to have a flat tummy now when I have never had one before...and I already have a lot of stretch marks, so probably wont be doing a 2-piece either...but am glad to know that it does become less noticeable... my problem is also that currently, my belly is bigger than my hips, so I am oddly shaped lol

If I am facing forward, it looks like I have a donut in front for a belly, towards the bottom of my belly, you can see where my hips kind of dip in, as well as on top by my waist, then sideways you can see the double belly... I can't explain it(and I dont have any pictures)!

Thank you!

I saw your photos and yep, VERY similar to my belly shape in progress. While I got smaller overall the lower part went almost flat (skin a little saggy, but really no bulge now) and the top part is there, and same shape, just smaller and flatter than before. Definitely what I think of when picturing a "B belly". It sounds like you are making amazing progress!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    It's due to high body fat and poor posture.

Before, During, and After (around 2014)
    LS4umkh.jpg

At my heighest weight i was still not "fat" and i just couldn't understand why i had this pink line above my stomach and anytime i sat down it looked like this:
    image_zpsg3wszdoj.jpeg

I was in the healthy BMI range, i looked good in clothes, etc. etc. etc.

It took me losing an additional 15 pounds from my initial goal weight to fix this problem. Sorry if it's hard to see in my first photos but there was always a pronounced red line.

So can it be removed? Yes! You just need to lose more fat than you probably think.

My stomach as of last year (i'm focusing on growing my delts right now so bear with the higher bodyfat):
    tKT7czf.jpg

Seem, the line you see above your belly in the before picture (white bra)...I have that, but it actually runs right across my belly button and it's deep! I'd be fine if it looked like yours, even at your "worse"... maybe the way I explain it isnt...correct?

Nope, we both have similar fat deposit patterns i think, you just happen to have more body fat right now. :)

As you lose weight overall and work on posture you'll notice that everything will even out. Keep at it!