Coworkers baffled me...

Replies

• ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    fb47 wrote: »
    I had this coworker tell me trans fat will make you fat even on a caloric deficit :D So I replied "if you eat one single donut during the day and nothing else, you're telling me that you will gain fat?" In which she replied yes....I didn't bother to argue with her, I knew her mind wasn't going to change.

Now there's someone who has completely missed the point of the messaging about trans fats.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Ugh yes, a few months ago, way before I started on this site I signed up to bring something in for "Wednesday Treat Day" that day is coming soon and it is stressing me out! I don't know what to make that won't tempt me too much!
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    Ugh yes, a few months ago, way before I started on this site I signed up to bring something in for "Wednesday Treat Day" that day is coming soon and it is stressing me out! I don't know what to make that won't tempt me too much!

Make a treat that you can enjoy without worrying about temptation such as: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1

You can play around with the recipe to change the flavor if you want, there's lots of awesome suggestions in the thread :)
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2018
    kkimpel wrote: »
    ccsernica wrote: »
    I had this coworker tell me trans fat will make you fat even on a caloric deficit :D So I replied "if you eat one single donut during the day and nothing else, you're telling me that you will gain fat?" In which she replied yes....I didn't bother to argue with her, I knew her mind wasn't going to change.

Now there's someone who has completely missed the point of the messaging about trans fats.

yea.. it's not that it will make you fat.. it will clog your arteries and make you dead earlier

But that was not the point of the argument, the argument was about weight gain.

That's true, and it was wrong. The claim was that trans fat will make you put on weight even if you're in a caloric deficit. This is false. It should be avoided for other reasons.