ITS LUNCH TIME!!!

Options
PDR85
PDR85 Posts: 372 Member
Lets face it, it is hard to be in the office around everyone bringing in takeout food for lunch. If you don't meal plan, you're gonna fail. But there's just something about eating copious amounts of chicken breast that really makes eating such a chore...

What is your go-to prepped meal to keep you sane throughout the work day?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I cycle through different things.

I'm currently on a chicken wrap kick. I smoke chicken breasts on the smoker on Sunday. Each day slice one up, put in a tortilla with some romaine and a laughing cow pepper jack wedge. Yum.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I usually eat leftovers from a previous night's dinner. I pack them up individually right after I make dinner so they're ready to grab in the AM. And since it is food I was excited about eating for dinner, I'm happy to have it for lunch. 100% chicken breast free, which is a plus (for me, people who enjoy chicken breast could easily make this plan work too).
  • PDR85
    Options
    I cycle through different things.

I'm currently on a chicken wrap kick. I smoke chicken breasts on the smoker on Sunday. Each day slice one up, put in a tortilla with some romaine and a laughing cow pepper jack wedge. Yum.

That sounds pretty dang good!

I normally do chicken thighs and make a huge batch of chicken and rice on Sundays. Lots of veggies in it, and usually can't get enough. This week I decided to try chicken breast and its so much more daunting... lol
  • PDR85
    Options
    I usually eat leftovers from a previous night's dinner. I pack them up individually right after I make dinner so they're ready to grab in the AM. And since it is food I was excited about eating for dinner, I'm happy to have it for lunch. 100% chicken breast free, which is a plus (for me, people who enjoy chicken breast could easily make this plan work too).

I've found if I don't prep on Sunday, I will either not have food for leftovers or it ends up being something I wont eat... But I love the method and am glad it works for you! Would certainly change things up and keep tem more interesting!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Leftover jambalaya from dinner last night. Leftovers from dinner is the extent of my meal prepping.
  • PDR85
    Options
    Leftover jambalaya from dinner last night. Leftovers from dinner is the extent of my meal prepping.

OMG, I had forgotten about Jambalaya!! I ate it all the time growing up but haven't had it in years. I will have to make some soon!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't have the struggle of being around take out at lunch time. However, I always use to make a batch of something that would last me a few days when I was working. Now I have grape tomatoes sliced in half, avocado, mozzarella pearls with black pepper sprinkled on. In addition, I have some sliced cucumber with hummus, salami, and string cheese. I will probably get tired of it soon but I have been enjoying it.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I do different things each week. Taco salad, burrito bowls, hearty soups with lots of vegetables, protein pasta with chicken and roasted vegetables, chili, 'snack boxes' with hard boiled eggs, cheese, crackers, apple slices or berries, and a few nuts. I often freeze a portion or two so I can mix and match what builds up in my freezer for variety (labeled with the date and calories).

My boyfriend does the chicken/veggie/rice prep - we found that adding a little sauce and a variety of spice blends goes a long way towards making it more exciting. BBQ, teriyaki, curry simmer sauce, cajun seasoning, Old Bay.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ybguo58j0elo.jpg
    Currently on coconut chicken with rice and veg kick! (daughter's Popsicle not included)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Lots of different things...I'm not really on the whole chicken breast diet thing.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on meal prep. Sometimes I make chicken or meatballs in bulk and freeze it for a rainy day, otherwise I just have leftovers or wing it.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I usually just put together some crunchy raw veg, chickpeas or beans, flavoured tofu/tempeh/soy meats and maybe some hommus or something. If I have to cook too much I just avoid it so I much prefer things I can just throw together.
  • sbooth1367
    sbooth1367 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just began meal prepping about a month ago, and though a little time consuming, it pays off during the week. I keep my meals pretty simple: Skinless chicken thighs, Sweet potato, and broccoli, and throw in some Atlantic Cod, brown rice, and greens a couple times a week. Breakfast is usually 3 whole eggs, 3 whites, oatmeal, and a half English muffin.
  • whocares2018
    whocares2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I always prep at least two cups of brown rice for the work week sometimes more(only eating one cup per lunch).And I have been using Tyson grilled chicken strips with the rice. I do not microwave the chicken I heat them up in a pan keep them in the fridge. I don’t cook much but I have been trying a little here and there. I also like the tuna punches too! I eat those 2-3 per week!
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Normally cook off enough rice for 3 days and couscous for a couple the mix that with different veggies, roasted or steamed and a protein sauce. I add a dry rub to chicken to make it a bit more exciting or i tuna, salmon or cod to make sure i am getting in some omega 3 and 6 a couple of times a week. I sometimes make a batch of soup for the week or will bring wraps and chicken and veggies. I meal prep because i like to know what i am eating for the week and it helps with the food shopping.
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Mikkimeow wrote: »
    ybguo58j0elo.jpg
    Currently on coconut chicken with rice and veg kick! (daughter's Popsicle not included)

Wow your so organised, I need to sort my stuff out and become more professional like you, thanks for the insight :)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of crockpot/instant pot stuff. Today is beef chili and a dollop of sour cream. I mostly eat left overs from the night before. If I don't have leftovers I make sure I have plenty of salad mix and some protein to go with it.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have leftovers from dinner - means I don't have to make something 'extra' for lunch or eat the same thing all week.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing Mon-Fri for lunch -- but each week is different. Here's a few ideas that I've done:

salad with pulled chicken
    BLT wraps
    pork tenderloin and roasted carrots
    taco salad
    baked chicken w/ different roasted veggies
    chicken or egg salad with fruit & string cheese
    stuffed peppers
    meatballs and salad
    ham or turkey sandwiches with fruit or carrots & string cheese
  • PDR85
    Options
    Appreciate all the comments and suggestions, guys! Nice to hear what everyone else does.