Ladies! What does your weekly workout plan look like?

Options
How does your routine now compare to when you first started? Do you feel like you needed that transition or would you have changed how you did It?

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Back in July I was walking maybe 40-60 minutes a day in ten minute increments. Now I lift weights three days a week and run or do calisthenics three to four times a week, with an agility/plyometric workout at least once a week, and yoga or stretching almost every night. I haven’t stopped walking either. If you told me back in July that I should start doing then what I’m doing now, I would have laughed in your face, or I’d maybe have tried it for a week or two and given up. I needed to build up to what I’m doing now! I expect that my weekly plan will continue to change and grow over time, both to stay challenging and enjoyable, and to reflect whatever other demands I have on my time. I don’t intend to go back to where I was before, though!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I went from running 4x/wk (stopped because OH 'wanted to run with me' - only he never did), to SL's (ran out of money for the gym), to Nerd fitness body weights which was cool, but then found I enjoyed the warm down so much I would do that (Yoga) over and above the workout. So that's what I do. Walk the dogs 2 miles a day, daily yoga, twice/three times a week swim and once a wk aqua fit. Oh, and OH now wants to do Squash once a week - guess how long that's going to last...!
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    When I started (this time) I worked heavily with a trainer at first, who had me doing metcons and strength days with her, and then on the elliptical M W and doing yoga on off days, with full rest once or twice a week. Our second round I'm only seeing her a 1/2 hour once a week (she gets me started and then I finish on my own which is great for confidence), and then do steady stairs M, HIIT stairs W, a 30-40 Metcon on Th, and rest for the weekend.

It's been a pretty steady increase in intensity, and our focus shifts, like now I'm training for a race, and before I just wanted to not weigh 200 anymore.
  • laraaragon
    laraaragon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When I started (this time) I worked heavily with a trainer at first, who had me doing metcons and strength days with her, and then on the elliptical M W and doing yoga on off days, with full rest once or twice a week. Our second round I'm only seeing her a 1/2 hour once a week (she gets me started and then I finish on my own which is great for confidence), and then do steady stairs M, HIIT stairs W, a 30-40 Metcon on Th, and rest for the weekend.

It's been a pretty steady increase in intensity, and our focus shifts, like now I'm training for a race, and before I just wanted to not weigh 200 anymore.

Netcom? Sorry I'm not sure what this is
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Much more volume and accessory work. My compound lifts are all undulating daily instead of linear periodization. I went from 3, to 4, to 5/6 days per week. I also bench press much more, perhaps 4x per week.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lara, it's a Metabolic Conditioning workout... kind of a circuit with several different exercises, and breaks to catch your breath. The exercises are meant to be hard though, and tend to be somewhat full body. Things like a squat to pick up, lift, and slam a sand ball on the ground 12 times. Not impossible, as from what I've gathered, you want to be able to do the full list 3+ times though, but I'm sweating before I'm through the first round. I guess it helps burn more calories for hours afterward?
  • dancingoracle
    dancingoracle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do a 4 day push-pull/legs split, with 1 day focused on trapeze work, and one day focused on yoga.
    So, for instance:
    Monday - Push (bench press, military press, leg press, tricep dips + core work like planks and stability ball pikes + 10 to 15 min rowing)
    Tuesday - Legs (squats; barbell/wide-legged/curtsy, deadlifts + core work + treadmill walk with a very high incline)
    Tuesday night - Trapeze
    Wednesday - Yoga
    Thursday - Pull (pull ups, deadlifts, barbell row, bicep curls + core + rowing)
    Friday - Legs with glute focus (squats, hip thrusts, bridges, lunges + core like hanging leg raises + treadmill on high incline)

I vary my core work day to day - usually to what I feel like doing that day. :smile:
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    When I started, I just did random stuff. Then, I followed SL 5x5, then switched to 5/3/1 (started training for powerlifting); now, I have a program from my PL coach.

I have a lot more volume on my compound lifts.

Sunday- squats+heavy leg accessories
    Monday- OHP+heavy shoulder accessories
    Tuesday- deadlifts+heavy back accessories
    Thursday- Hip Thrusts+high rep legs
    Saturday- bench+heavy chest accessories+high rep shoulders
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and I have cut back my workouts compared to when I was losing and in the early days of maintenance.

Mon-Fri - cycle 30-40 mins (used to run/walk and spend 90 mins a day)
    Mon/Wed/Fri - lift 15 mins in my home gym (used to do 2 x 30 mins of lifting)
    Sat & Sun walk
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I started with more tennis than anything else, playing 5 or 6 days a week. Injuries caused me to switch over to cycling. It's too cold to be outside and there are only a couple spin classes a week that work well for me so I have been much more focussed on strength training lately. Back when I was playing the most tennis I was lifting weights (dumbbells) at home too, but I wasn't consistent about it. At one point we added a squat rack to our home gym and I started SL 5x5. The second time I hurt my back following the program I gave up and started using the machines at the gym, hoping it would be safer. I hurt my back there too, but just once. I've stuck with that for a couple years now and am still going 3 days a week, but recently added back in compound lifts (NROLFW). Of course I tweaked my back again, but i only needed a week off and I'm confident I can avoid the problem in the future.

If it's not already obvious, I seem to be injury prone. I've had a long list of strains and sprains along the way but I keep finding ways to stay active. We have an elliptical and a rowing machine that help with that goal.

Summer's coming and I hope to add more social exercise back in to the mix, specifically golf and a little tennis, as well as cycling trips with friends.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I started running 3x a week for 15/20 mins at a time and did WEE FIT! Then I met my OH and he introduced me to weights so I started with a gym and did weights and cardio 3x4 times a week, the occassional class, nothing really focused. Then I found I liked running so started running more twice a week, joined a netball club to be social and finally found the exercise love of my life in CrossFit. I now Crossfit 4/5 times a week, once with a PT, run once or twice, yoga when i can at home and netball once a week. I was never into fitness so to go from that to where i am now has been a gradual fall in love with exercise process.