First Fativersary

Options

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Great job nailing your first year! I agree with @HDBKLM regarding what's been "lost" over the year for you.

Happy healthy-versary! You committed to a road that is making real lifestyle changes and progress in health. That is way better than a "Fativersary."

Possibly. I've honestly been averaging about a pound lost every month for the last six months or so, but I ramped up my work outs a LOT during that time. I wish I'd measured more :(
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "52 lbs in 52 weeks was the original goal, and I missed it by about 7 pounds. That's 7 weeks where I celebrated holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or just had really cruddy days and are my feelings.

In retrospect, that's 7 weeks where I LIVED my life without giving up on my overall goals. "

I am fairly new to the forums, but I have been spending a lot of time in the success stories because I am so inspired by those who have worked so hard to get to their goals.

What wrote above is absolutely profound and is such a great perspective on this entire process. You never let the unexpected in life dictate your goal. Your introspection is amazing.

And you look awesome too ;-)
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have come a long way within this past 365 days! Congrats on your success!! :)
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You're doing wonderfully! The MFP community is lucky to have you sharing your journey here!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Beautiful... absolutely beautiful <3
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to tell you that you have just inspired me so much - with setting realistic goals, with keep going, with your awesome results and overall attitude!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    JoAnna4731 wrote: »
    "52 lbs in 52 weeks was the original goal, and I missed it by about 7 pounds. That's 7 weeks where I celebrated holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or just had really cruddy days and are my feelings.

In retrospect, that's 7 weeks where I LIVED my life without giving up on my overall goals. "

I am fairly new to the forums, but I have been spending a lot of time in the success stories because I am so inspired by those who have worked so hard to get to their goals.

What wrote above is absolutely profound and is such a great perspective on this entire process. You never let the unexpected in life dictate your goal. Your introspection is amazing.

And you look awesome too ;-)

The success stories board is the best! Some of the threads are SO long and filled with AMAZING transformations!

Welcome to the forums and I hope we can help make a difference in your weight loss journey!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    <3
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I enjoy reading your posts on the forums. I definitely look forward to next year's update! Way to go!!
  • kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    congrats girl!! and you are soooo cute <3
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! 365 days of hard work, dedication, progress, and enjoying yourself as you go. Can't wait to see next year's updates!
  • Misohappi81
    Misohappi81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You gorgeous girl!!! You are doing amazing!! And you are doing it right! Keep up the good work! ❤️
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is SO great. You should be so proud. The difference the year made is amazing and I feel you are set up for success with your pace and your outlook. Here's to many more!!!
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Dang. You're beautiful. You look wonderful and your approach feels healthy and sustainable. Well done. You just keep chipping away at those goals <3
  • HarveysBud
    HarveysBud Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Very inspirational. Keep up the amazing work!!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great story and great results congratulations :)
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I love that that those 7 week are just as important, and meaningful to your journey as the other
    358. I went to the Success Stories for a little motivation kick this morning and you did that for me...thank you!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great post - congrats on your weight loss and have beautiful hair ;) . I actually have the same swimsuit. It is great for curvy girls whether slim or larger. I am thinking of buying the same one now that mine is also a bit large.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!