ITS LUNCH TIME!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    While chicken is a usual staple of my lunch is some form or fashion a must have is also a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I think I've had one every day for a year or two and still not tired of it.
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I usually don’t have leftovers to bring on days I work but I find that a lean cuisine plus a piece of fruit and or a yogurt is a very filling lunch and usually not too bad in the nutrition/calorie department and it is easy peasy. It’s a little processed sure but they are better than they were 10 years ago
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mikkimeow wrote: »
    ybguo58j0elo.jpg
    Currently on coconut chicken with rice and veg kick! (daughter's Popsicle not included)

#Goals
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I actually go home for lunch every day because I work ~2 miles away and my husband works from home & cooks for us. Once a week I go out to lunch with my dad, since he's retired.

Occasionally though I do have a reason to eat lunch at my desk, and I usually bring egg salad or 1-2 boiled eggs and a ton of celery sticks, maybe some carrots and/or raisins. When we have work events there is usually a ton of leftover chicken or brisket and I'll bring a huge container of lettuce and some dressing and make a mean salad.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Most of the time it is some sort of grilled or roasted chicken that has been cubed for easy eating, a sauce to keep it flavorful, some berries, a vegetable and some sort of crunchy salty carb.
    Today it was grilled chicken breast with my homemade wing sauce (tomato paste and a whole bunch of hot sauce), blackberries, blueberries, radishes and a small bag of Sun Chips Original.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I get at least an hour lunch break, and we are encouraged to get out of work to get some fresh air and take some time for ourselves. So, I go out for lunch and it's nice to take the time to decompress and refresh for the rest of the day. I go to Whole Foods for the hot bar or another fast casual near by. Even then, my diet isn't exactly varied - usually chicken or fish, broccoli or brussel sprouts and maybe a bit of a baked potato. Or, I'll get some soup with a couple hard boiled eggs.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I cook chicken breast in the instapot over weekend and season with Greek seasoning. Then I shred some each day and put some Greek yogurt dressing on it. Makes a yummy chicken salad. I eat it on sliced cucumbers. I vary the sides each week. I almost always have blueberries since I read it helps prevent dementia :smile: Veggies and yogurt. Or celery and cheese spread (just a small amount but helps my cheese cravings).
  • PDR85
    PDR85 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I get at least an hour lunch break, and we are encouraged to get out of work to get some fresh air and take some time for ourselves. So, I go out for lunch and it's nice to take the time to decompress and refresh for the rest of the day. I go to Whole Foods for the hot bar or another fast casual near by. Even then, my diet isn't exactly varied - usually chicken or fish, broccoli or brussel sprouts and maybe a bit of a baked potato. Or, I'll get some soup with a couple hard boiled eggs.

That is absolutely awesome... I get so much flack because I go to the gym every day for 30 minutes. Am usually right at an hour with eating a quick lunch afterwards, and my boss makes little snippy remarks ALL THE TIME... Glad to hear they encourage you to get out and enjoy life a bit!