This needs to be the last time! (long intro)

Options
Hello Ladies, and Gents. I'm a 26 yr old newly wed military wife re-starting my journey to better health, better self. (woah, I like that!) I wouldn't say I'm a yo-yo dieter as I never stay on anything long enough to consider it a diet. Lately I've started and then have stopped. This isn't necessarily just with my lifestyle change, this is with my whole life.

I've never committed fully to anything. I've procrastinated through life and I need this to be the final time. My weaknesses are that I sleep past breakfast time so I'm not hungry when I wake up usually ever. When I do get hungry I will eat something small as I don't generally like big meals until dinner, etc. Rule of thumb (never skip breakfast)

My other issue is that I eat when I'm bored, am emotional about something, or not hungry. This always comes as a subconscious move and I usually don't realize I'm doing it until I catch myself. I've also been snacking a little more at night. Though I have stocked my portion of the fridge with healthier foods, I still have the same problem with bored/emotional eating. My hubby is away training and I won't be reunited with him again until November so I'd like to get a jump start on things. I have no children, am not enrolled in school right now, and I don't have a stressful job or living situation to put the blame on. I have all the free time in the world as of now.

My current living situation is with a room mate who is extremely overweight and doesn't plan on stopping the bad habits so I need to be strong for myself. My goals are to lose 50lbs averaging 1-2lbs a week and eventually 20lbs more after I've reached that goal. My food goals are to shift over (or cut out most) from processed/junk food to whole/health foods. One cheat day a week and around 1,740 calories spread out over the day. Since I prefer snacking to eating larger meals, this would be better as I will stay fed, but also not hungry and my calories won't go over.

I don't have access to a gym like I used to at this time but working out 6 days a week, for one hour isn't an unreachable goal. I have necessary tools like whole/natural foods shopping, a wii fit plus, netflix account (they have lots of instant work out vids on there) water, a beating heart, and a willing body. In the past few years I've dropped around 30lbs and have kept it off so far but it's slightly creeping up again. In January I made a resolution and I did very well in the beginning. Like most resolutions, it came to a halting stop and fell back into my old habits. This saddens me as it's nearly 8 months later and I'm not where I should've/would've been had I kept on things. This time, I'm determined to make it work (I pray!) My family has a history of high blood pressure (both parents) and borderline diabetes, both diseases I don't wish to have. This being said, I wanted to be honest with you all, and myself and wanted to introduce myself in hopes to meet new and like minded people here at myfitnesspal. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling with you all. Don't be too shy to say hello!

Rach

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, and Gents. I'm a 26 yr old newly wed military wife re-starting my journey to better health, better self. (woah, I like that!) I wouldn't say I'm a yo-yo dieter as I never stay on anything long enough to consider it a diet. Lately I've started and then have stopped. This isn't necessarily just with my lifestyle change, this is with my whole life.

I've never committed fully to anything. I've procrastinated through life and I need this to be the final time. My weaknesses are that I sleep past breakfast time so I'm not hungry when I wake up usually ever. When I do get hungry I will eat something small as I don't generally like big meals until dinner, etc. Rule of thumb (never skip breakfast)

My other issue is that I eat when I'm bored, am emotional about something, or not hungry. This always comes as a subconscious move and I usually don't realize I'm doing it until I catch myself. I've also been snacking a little more at night. Though I have stocked my portion of the fridge with healthier foods, I still have the same problem with bored/emotional eating. My hubby is away training and I won't be reunited with him again until November so I'd like to get a jump start on things. I have no children, am not enrolled in school right now, and I don't have a stressful job or living situation to put the blame on. I have all the free time in the world as of now.

My current living situation is with a room mate who is extremely overweight and doesn't plan on stopping the bad habits so I need to be strong for myself. My goals are to lose 50lbs averaging 1-2lbs a week and eventually 20lbs more after I've reached that goal. My food goals are to shift over (or cut out most) from processed/junk food to whole/health foods. One cheat day a week and around 1,740 calories spread out over the day. Since I prefer snacking to eating larger meals, this would be better as I will stay fed, but also not hungry and my calories won't go over.

I don't have access to a gym like I used to at this time but working out 6 days a week, for one hour isn't an unreachable goal. I have necessary tools like whole/natural foods shopping, a wii fit plus, netflix account (they have lots of instant work out vids on there) water, a beating heart, and a willing body. In the past few years I've dropped around 30lbs and have kept it off so far but it's slightly creeping up again. In January I made a resolution and I did very well in the beginning. Like most resolutions, it came to a halting stop and fell back into my old habits. This saddens me as it's nearly 8 months later and I'm not where I should've/would've been had I kept on things. This time, I'm determined to make it work (I pray!) My family has a history of high blood pressure (both parents) and borderline diabetes, both diseases I don't wish to have. This being said, I wanted to be honest with you all, and myself and wanted to introduce myself in hopes to meet new and like minded people here at myfitnesspal. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling with you all. Don't be too shy to say hello!

Rach

HI THERE......i pray for you, that you will be successful.....it is hard work but if you are determined, disciplined and ready to change you will do it......here for encouragement!!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

Rach

HI THERE......i pray for you, that you will be successful.....it is hard work but if you are determined, disciplined and ready to change you will do it......here for encouragement!!!

Thanks Mindey!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are motivated - which is, IMO, the first step. Motivation. Determination. They'll get you to your goal - through thick and thin, ups and downs. :)

You can do this! You are in the right frame of mind - now, don't let the words you've written here become nothing more than words. Turn them into action. :)

Good Luck and YOU CAN DO IT!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are motivated - which is, IMO, the first step. Motivation. Determination. They'll get you to your goal - through thick and thin, ups and downs. :)

You can do this! You are in the right frame of mind - now, don't let the words you've written here become nothing more than words. Turn them into action. :)

Thanks! Looking good, congrats on the 60lb weight loss!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Thanks! Looking good, congrats on the 60lb weight loss!

Thank you! :) I appreciate it!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Rach...welcome to mfp! If you can download apps I highly recommend theirs. If you are out in public and start to eat you can log it first...that is one of the best tools you can have... I know it has stopped me dead in my tracks!

I just started jillian michael's 30 day shred...it's kicking my butt but I rather need that.. I started it with a group of others and now I have a whole group of people who are making me accountable! Anything you do for 28 days becomes habit...make exercise one of them!

You have already taken the hardest step in admitting you need help...congrats on making yourself healthier!

ohhh and thank your husband for his service and also for yours as well, military wives are such strong women
  • ShamekaBatte
    ShamekaBatte Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rachell

I wish you luck on your fitness and health journey. I know with determination and motivation, you will reach your goals. Your weight goals are definitely attainable. I can see that you will definitely get your motivation from being on this site. There's a lot of people that are following the same journey that you are. Which is awesome.