Keto ... question n help!

Options
Im over 3weeks in. Hit ketosis for two days and now cant get back in. Im testing with urine strips. Do i need more fat? Or just time?
Are fat bombs the way? Would like seasoned keto friends.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• bombdiggityDav
    bombdiggityDav Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What color are your urine strips? What are your macros?
  • melipon2166
    melipon2166 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is your goal ketosis or weightloss?

Weightloss until my goal weight and then I want to learn how to manage it with low carb lifestyle
  • melipon2166
    Options

Pink - it's between Trace and Small 15 --- I had gotten up to Moderate 40 but went back down. I think I may be eating too much vegetables not enough fat... ?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Pink - it's between Trace and Small 15 --- I had gotten up to Moderate 40 but went back down. I think I may be eating too much vegetables not enough fat... ?

so how much is too much vegetable wise and how much fat are you eating? keto is 60% or more of your calories in fat. 50g net or less of carbs and the rest protein.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    The strips are fairly inaccurate. If you dont have a blood ketone meter, just keep chugging. It honestly doesnt matter if you are actually in ketosis or not.

I suggested a ketone meter but for some reason it didnt post that part
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    As others have said, low carbs will put you in ketosis. If you add more dietary fat all that may happen is that you use more dietary fat rather than body fat for your energy.

If you need high ketones (for medical reasons) you could add MCT oil to your diet, or even exogenous ketones. If you are eating very low carb though, you are most likely in ketosis even if the purine strips don't show it. I rarely test above trace, and am often negative even when I gave had almost no carbs in a day.
  • melipon2166
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! Great advise from all.... I totally am losing weight and loving the diet. So my take away is ditch the urine strips - like I did my scale LOL my loss has been in inches and my gain is feeling good, aware and healthier. xoxoxo Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me!! Would love friends if you want to add me :wink: