i just don't get it!

Options
I;ve literally logged everything i eat & drink for the last 4 weeks along w/riding my statonery bike everyday for at least 30 mins/5+ miles! weighing in on Thursday AMs weekly and the scale has literally gone down only .6lbs! not 6 lbs! but .6lbs i def feel better but am a bit disappointed!

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your progress isn't matching your expectations. All the same, congrats! It sounds like you're doing a great job, losing weight AND feeling better. The glass is half full, my friend, and you're doing fine.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Feeling better counts. Are your clothes any looser? Can you see any differences in the mirror?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I gained a half pound in my first three weeks at this. Then the weight started to move in the right direction because given a calorie deficit, you will lose weight over time. However, in the short term, there are a hundred reasons why your effort might not show up on the scale!
  • ChangeIsGood29
    ChangeIsGood29 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I worked my butt off last year and didn't see the results I wanted so ended up giving up. Started up again this year and things are going much better but really wish last-year-me would have stuck with it. Don't give up! By the way, congrats on the .6 pounds and feeling better!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    grozsvette wrote: »
    I;ve literally logged everything i eat & drink for the last 4 weeks along w/riding my statonery bike everyday for at least 30 mins/5+ miles! weighing in on Thursday AMs weekly and the scale has literally gone down only .6lbs! not 6 lbs! but .6lbs i def feel better but am a bit disappointed!

There are a few things to consider here:

Are you weighing food or just eyeballing portions?
    How are you estimating your calories burned? Machines tend to overestimate by quite a bit, so if you are eating back all the calories the bike say you burned that may be the issue.
  • eileenm2018
    eileenm2018 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I am new here too. Not new to the weight loss effort though. I am a very slow loser mostly due to light activity. I was told once to embrace the NSV (Non scale victories ) and be encouraged by them when the scales stuck. So enjoy feeling better and wait it out. And I will try to do the same!
  • BigCharlie19782018
    BigCharlie19782018 Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I think you have actually gained some muscle mass, that's why your loss is only 0.6 pounds. Muscle is heavier than fat.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I think you have actually gained some muscle mass, that's why your loss is only 0.6 pounds. Muscle is heavier than fat.

Nope not this.
    Muscle takes up less space than fat but its not heavier.
    Noone gains much muscle in 4 weeks. The body holds onto extra water though for muscle repair so that can affect the scale.

OP use a food scale if you aren't already. Log every single thing you eat. Have patience because calorie counting works.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

What has the op said that would make you come to this conclusion?
    Muscle isn't as easily gained as people assume.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Op are you using a food scale?