Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge [Term 19] - 8 Week Challenge

Options
Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,577 Member
edited March 2018 in Challenges

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 19th term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply :)

First, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
  • Term 19 will be an 8-week challenge that will be themed around the third Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
  • The term will run from Friday, March 30th 2018 (with starting weigh-in on Friday, March 30th and full activities starting on Monday) through Sunday, May 27th, 2018. So you should expect to join by Friday, March 30th to keep your place as a student.
  • You will receive notification via owl (PM and/or potentially email) if you have been accepted or put on the wait list. Owls should go out on Tuesday, March 27th (and should be received by the end of Wednesday, March 28th) so you will have ~48 hours to join the challenge. If you do NOT join within 48 hours or respond to the prefect that PM'd you, then your spot will be given to someone on the wait list. So make sure to respond to your acceptance PM to hold your space :)
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), as well as other challenges including some based around the term's theme.
  • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation. Houses may have around 30 students/house, potentially more depending on the amount of interest we receive.
  • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (EST). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
  • Houses will be awarded house points based on challenges completed each week.
  • The House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term!

For those interested in enrolling in Hogwarts, here is the Term 19 application.
-If you have trouble submitting the google form, feel free to PM me your answers and I will submit them for you!

We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on a place at the school. In order to maintain a similar number of students in each house, students may be invited to join houses other than their first choice. If you list a dealbreaker house (or indicate that you only want your first choice), that will be respected, but you will be less likely to get a place at Hogwarts due to space availability.

Please be assured that if we are unable to sort you into a house at this stage, we will place you on the wait list for any openings that arise throughout the term. We strongly encourage you to join Hogsmeade Village - a group for current/former students and those on the wait list. We use this group to communicate with everyone between terms as well as communicate with current wait listers during a term. If you stay on the wait list throughout the term (which happens to some potential students due to the amount of interest in the challenge - especially since current students get first chance to apply, then anyone who remained on the wait list gets a second chance to apply), then you will be invited to join the next term before it gets posted on the forums which pretty much guarantees that you will get in that term if you apply before it is posted on the forums since the roster fills up quickly once we post here ;)

***If you see this thread after the challenge has begun and want to apply, you may use the googleform application since it will place you on the wait list (although please PM @Kisame29 to be added to the wait list if it has been than a few weeks since this post).

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight. There are always modifications allowed on the main tasks to allow students of all fitness levels participate.

Questions may be posted here, although if you would like a quick answer please send me a PM! I hope to see many of you join us at Hogwarts :)

Sincerely,
Kisame29 (Hogwarts Headgirl)

Replies

• wljohn
    wljohn Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Great challenge.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,124 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Looking forward to the next term :D
  • Kisame29
    Options
    Also just a note - if you'd like to PM me to confirm if your application was received, you may have to send me a friend request first (and I accept any friend requests so go ahead!). We found out this past term that PMs often do not go through unless you are friends on here.

You can also post here and I'll try to make sure to check back with you, although I may not respond as quickly or later once the term has actually started.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    I've been in this challenge since term 5, and I love it! Great motivation and tons of geeky Harry Potter-ness. :love:
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    I'm excited!! Waiting for my owl...love this challenge!!
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! New this term and hopefully get in :)
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, can't wait for Hogwarts term 19!!!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Kisame29
    Options
    mrsjhardin wrote: »
    Love this idea! New this term and hopefully get in :)

We did receive your application :)

--

Also several potential students sent me a friend request and mentioned Hogwarts Term 19 or applying for the Hogwarts challenge - if you do that, then I will make sure to PM you to let you know if we got your application since those messages go through :) (And then once we are MFP friends, my PM should get to you).

If you did send me a friend request with that kind of message (ie explicitly mentioning Hogwarts/applying for Term 19) and I did NOT send you a message, then please post here since then you must not have received my PM (since I have sent PMs to everyone who sent me a friend request and mentioned applying to Hogwarts to let them know if we got their application).

• Teresa_QueenSugarplum
    Teresa_QueenSugarplum Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    OMG <3<3 I was so excited when I saw this come up on my newsfeed. Cannot wait.
    I captain another weightloss team but I am seriously looking forward to just sitting back and relaxing B) as a student in this challenge.
    EEP! Too excited
    HOGWARTS HOGWARTS HOGWARTS HOGWARTS
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! How did I not know about this challenge! :) Waiting for my owl....
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,930 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge!
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!
  • commit1440
    commit1440 Posts: 456 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Kisame29 wrote: »

Also several potential students sent me a friend request and mentioned Hogwarts Term 19 or applying for the Hogwarts challenge - if you do that, then I will make sure to PM you to let you know if we got your application since those messages go through :) (And then once we are MFP friends, my PM should get to you).

If you did send me a friend request with that kind of message (ie explicitly mentioning Hogwarts/applying for Term 19) and I did NOT send you a message, then please post here since then you must not have received my PM (since I have sent PMs to everyone who sent me a friend request and mentioned applying to Hogwarts to let them know if we got their application).

@Kisame29 - I sent a friend request (with a message about Hogwarts term 19) and submitted the application, but I haven't heard anything back. So, per your instructions, I'm posting here. You are NOT appearing under my friend list - so, I'm guessing you didn't get it?

• sunderland_mich93
    sunderland_mich93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    @Kisame29, I'm in the same situation as sunderland_mich93 and @commit1440 - submitted the application and sent a friend request. No answer yet...
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,124 Member
    Options
    @moarrein @sunderland_mich93 @commit1440 - we did get all your applications! Please be patient for a few more days until the team roster has been created.

@Kisame29 will get back to you as soon as possible with the friend requests and messages. Real life usually has a way of interfering when it is most inconvenient ;)
  • Kisame29
    Options
    Maalea wrote: »
    @moarrein @sunderland_mich93 @commit1440 - we did get all your applications! Please be patient for a few more days until the team roster has been created.

@Kisame29 will get back to you as soon as possible with the friend requests and messages. Real life usually has a way of interfering when it is most inconvenient ;)

Thank you :)

I think I did get back to all of you just now too, sorry for the delay! This weekend ended up getting a bit busier than expected.
  • Kisame29
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Quick update:

The Owls (PMs and/or emails and/or Friend Requests with a message) will be coming soon!

If you applied, you should receive a message (and likely friend request!) from a staff member by 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday, March 28th. Please do NOT post here or contact me [regarding receiving an official response] until after Wednesday to give all our staff enough time to send out messages since we have several prefects sending out the messages so they will not go out at the same time. You can still ask me if we got your application though :)

If it is after 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday, March 28th and you did NOT receive any message (including an email) from someone regarding your Hogwarts application, please PM me (best option - feel free to friend request me first with a message too and I'll respond when I see it, or if we're already friends just PM me and it should go through) or post here or post in Hogsmeade so we can try to figure out what is going on.

The change in the PM system (where you only seem to get messages from your MFP friends) has been an unexpected issue so this may be a bit more difficult to get everyone invited, so please reach out to me if you applied and didn't hear from anyone after Wednesday.

Thank you :)
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I hope it is not too late to apply!