Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge [Term 19] - 8 Week Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath, if you don't get in on the first go, then you'll be put on the wait list, and if anyone has to leave from the challenge, we pull new students from the waitlist. Waitlisters also get priority access to the next term before the general public, so it's always worth applying! :)
  • LifeChoiceGrammy
    LifeChoiceGrammy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Is there still time...where do we look if we are able to be in challenge??
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just applied, hope I am not too late!
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,647 Member
    Options
    Is there still time...where do we look if we are able to be in challenge??

Hopefully you received my PM - we did receive your application :)

At this point, our student roster is full, so anyone who is applying now will be on the wait list. Then when a spot opens up during the term (or potentially even in the next few days since occasionally we get a few people that decline to join), you will contacted by a staff member (most likely from one of our headgirls @fitphoenix and @Maalea) to see if you are still interested. If you're still interested to join, then you will be placed into a house :)

If you haven't already, I recommend joining Hogsmeade Village since we use that group to communicate with everyone. So when a spot opens up, one of the staff will tag the person they are inviting in that group (as well as send an email + PM). Then they have 48 hours to respond, or we move onto the next waitlister. (We may also invite more than one person at a time depending on the number of available slots).

As @fitphoenix mentioned too (thank you!) - if you do get on the wait list and by some chance never get off it (which happens to some students), then you will receive the Term 20 application sooner so you are very likely to get in if you apply when it's sent to you. I used to PM the application to everyone remaining on the wait list (which is what I did after Term 18 since we only started to request emails on the Term 19 application), although the PMs are not working great so I will plan to use emails in the future.

So at the end of this term, I will email the Term 20 application (and PM to those without a provided email) to everyone who is still on the wait list shortly after current students get to apply. (Then a couple of days later, we post it in Hogsmeade for any former students or other people who missed my email. Then a couple of days after that, we'll post it on the forums in a thread like this one so anyone can apply!) So basically if you apply shortly after I send it to you, then you are extremely likely to get in.

For example, I PM'd the remaining waitlisters the Term 19 application on 3/13, so as long as they applied fairly soon after I sent it they would have gotten in. (In this particular case, they could have even applied 1 week later and still have gotten in haha, usually it fills up faster than that). Like I said though, I'm fairly certain some of them did not get my PM :/ So I will use emails next time!
    hapamama23 wrote: »
    Just applied, hope I am not too late!

Hey @hapamama23 !

We received your application :) As I noted above, you will be on the wait list at this point (and you'll receive an official PM/email from one of our headgirls soon to let you know officially), but hopefully we'll still see you sometime during Term 19 ;) I recommend joining the Hogsmeade Group so you can follow any news/updates (since shortly after term starts, we will not be checking this thread anymore so you can always ask questions in that group if needed).

Thank you for the interest!
  • LifeChoiceGrammy
    LifeChoiceGrammy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I thought I had entered earlier but I did it from my phone and probably did not follow all the way thru!!! Will be watching!!
  • zindroth
    zindroth Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    @Kisame29

I am touching base to see if I made it in. I know MFP has been wonky lately. I did send you a PM to see if my application was recieved, however did not recieve a response. (Not worried, again MFP has been wonky).

I would appreciate an update when you have a moment.
    Thanks!
  • Kisame29
    Options
    zindroth wrote: »
    @Kisame29

I am touching base to see if I made it in. I know MFP has been wonky lately. I did send you a PM to see if my application was recieved, however did not recieve a response. (Not worried, again MFP has been wonky).

I would appreciate an update when you have a moment.
    Thanks!

@zindroth
    Hey! I never got your PM unfortunately :( I sent your a friend request so hopefully it will go through next time!

We did receive your application so you should have received an official response very recently (likely by email since the PM system hasn't been working consistently.) Feel free to send me a PM (that might go through if we are MFP friends - although even that is not guaranteed I think) or post again if you did not receive any email though. :)
  • Kisame29
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Update:
    Due to the new way we've streamlined the wait list process (we now have our 2 headgirls @Maalea and @fitphoenix managing it, which makes it go much quicker with one person at a time managing the rosters) in addition to using emails to avoid the PMing issue, we have gone through our wait list quite quickly so we're almost through everyone and only have a few people left on the list.

It is currently Week 5 of Week 8, so if you are still interested, please apply and we'll PM/email you as open spots become available! Please apply using the same application link :)

Although joining at the end of a challenge can be a bit difficult (it's how I ended up joining myself actually - during the last 2 weeks of a term and then I've been in the challenge every since!), the main advantage is the any current students will get first chance to apply for Term 20. (Current students get the last week of term to apply so they are basically guaranteed a spot in Term 20 as long as they meet the participation requirements).

• Teresa_QueenSugarplum
    Teresa_QueenSugarplum Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Kisame29 wrote: »
    Update:
    Due to the new way we've streamlined the wait list process (we now have our 2 headgirls @Maalea and @fitphoenix managing it, which makes it go much quicker with one person at a time managing the rosters) in addition to using emails to avoid the PMing issue, we have gone through our wait list quite quickly so we're almost through everyone and only have a few people left on the list.

It is currently Week 5 of Week 8, so if you are still interested, please apply and we'll PM/email you as open spots become available! Please apply using the same application link :)

Although joining at the end of a challenge can be a bit difficult (it's how I ended up joining myself actually - during the last 2 weeks of a term and then I've been in the challenge every since!), the main advantage is the any current students will get first chance to apply for Term 20. (Current students get the last week of term to apply so they are basically guaranteed a spot in Term 20 as long as they meet the participation requirements).

GOOD TO KNOW B)B)